April 09 FE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed on the first try...Extremely happy. Very minimal studying, I think choosing the right calculator (casio) from the approved list was huge. Also skimming the formula book the day before helped.

Weird---I did not receive any type of numerical grade, only Pass/Fail. Must be different between states.

Passed! Haven't got the result in mail yet; did a license search for myself in the state of Georgia - issued 5/24/09.

Thanks for the kickass advice everyone; even if I didn't comment, I read every thread.

I love all y'all bitches!!!!!

(Sorry, bit drunk now)

:party-smiley-048:

I did nottttttttttttt pass. I added up my percentages and divided down to get 49.909%....................................... possibly close, which sucks.

I have a question, when it says 0-50% contributed to your failing the exam, does that mean because it brought down your score or does that mean you MUST get over 50% of each of the different sections??

I did nottttttttttttt pass. I added up my percentages and divided down to get 49.909%....................................... possibly close, which sucks.

I have a question, when it says 0-50% contributed to your failing the exam, does that mean because it brought down your score or does that mean you MUST get over 50% of each of the different sections??
Don't feel bad. The last time I took it I scored 49.5% (or 119 pts.). The afternoon bit me in the ass, and I didn't nail down a few areas in the morning. For the April test I studied like a machine on all of the topics I was unfamiliar with and did a "standard" review of the material I just needed to brush up on.

Don't let the percentage bother you. If you failed, you failed. Doesn't matter if it's by one point or twenty, you didn't do enough to deserve it PERIOD. I had to realize that before I could move on and do what I had to do. It made me feel better than wallowing because I felt I was so close. Hopefully my preparation helped me clear the bar this time.

You are close, though. Start back in mid-late July and just bang on as many problems as you can. Get yourself up to par on your weak subjects, order an NCEES practice exam, study hard, go back in and pass!! Don't give up and don't stress out.

Don't feel bad. The last time I took it I scored 49.5% (or 119 pts.). The afternoon bit me in the ass, and I didn't nail down a few areas in the morning. For the April test I studied like a machine on all of the topics I was unfamiliar with and did a "standard" review of the material I just needed to brush up on.
Don't let the percentage bother you. If you failed, you failed. Doesn't matter if it's by one point or twenty, you didn't do enough to deserve it PERIOD. I had to realize that before I could move on and do what I had to do. It made me feel better than wallowing because I felt I was so close. Hopefully my preparation helped me clear the bar this time.

You are close, though. Start back in mid-late July and just bang on as many problems as you can. Get yourself up to par on your weak subjects, order an NCEES practice exam, study hard, go back in and pass!! Don't give up and don't stress out.
did anyone from massachusetts got a letter? :mf_followthroughfart:

I'm from MA and haven't heard anything yet... tell me it won't take the full 12 weeks to get the results!!!
lI took last october and got results before christmas. did you try to call to mass board?

I'm from MA and haven't heard anything yet... tell me it won't take the full 12 weeks to get the results!!!
Got today.Failed second time. Thinking do not take it anymore. waisted a lot of my time,instead of spending that time with my kids. very dissapointed.

Got today.Failed second time. Thinking do not take it anymore. waisted a lot of my time,instead of spending that time with my kids. very dissapointed.

Take a class from school of PE or testmasters it's work the cash. it will make all the diffrence in your career and salary down the road dont give up.

Take a class from school of PE or testmasters it's work the cash. it will make all the diffrence in your career and salary down the road dont give up.
You are saying testmaster's. Where can I take that? Please,need help. Looks like Lindenburg was not enough. Got 41.7% this time,last time 38.9%,so going up,but still frustrated.

You are saying testmaster's. Where can I take that? Please,need help. Looks like Lindenburg was not enough. Got 41.7% this time,last time 38.9%,so going up,but still frustrated.
Testmasters is one School of PE is another, do a google and see if they have classes near you. I failed twice with just doing Lindenburg, they help you find the easy points and it's a small price to pay for agony and frustration.

also get the Casio FX calculator that they allow it will help you streamline many problems and save time for more difficult ones. they may say 2 min per problem in the AM and 4 for the afternoon but what you may not realize is if they think it should take you 1 min to do some problems they may make the other problems more difficult and purposely take more time.

Everyone suggests Lindeburg as the one and only and, not saying it's not a good review book, I've found that its better to supplement it with another book. This is especially best if you've already reviewed for the exam once. No point going through the same problems twice on their own, at least by supplementing with another review book you have the benefit of working more problems and sometimes other books will give you problems that are more basic and a good start before hitting Lindeburg.

I personally used Barron's FE Review book first for each topic before moving to Lindeburg. Barron's does have a couple of errors, but overall I was able to get a good grasp of each topic before moving to Lindeburg which seems to be much harder. Still, this was my third time taking the exam and I had seen a lot of the problems in Lindeburg so it was time to get at some fresh ones.

Everyone suggests Lindeburg as the one and only and, not saying it's not a good review book, I've found that its better to supplement it with another book. This is especially best if you've already reviewed for the exam once. No point going through the same problems twice on their own, at least by supplementing with another review book you have the benefit of working more problems and sometimes other books will give you problems that are more basic and a good start before hitting Lindeburg.
I personally used Barron's FE Review book first for each topic before moving to Lindeburg. Barron's does have a couple of errors, but overall I was able to get a good grasp of each topic before moving to Lindeburg which seems to be much harder. Still, this was my third time taking the exam and I had seen a lot of the problems in Lindeburg so it was time to get at some fresh ones.
I have used Lindeburg twice now. I am going on my 3rd attempt. I am doing okay in the afternoon (General). It it the morning problems that hurt me, so I am going to try something different. I think I need help with the fundamental problems, so I am going to try to work problems from a review site. I don't know if it will help, but the I have tried the Lindeburg method twice so I need to do something different.

I have used Lindeburg twice now. I am going on my 3rd attempt. I am doing okay in the afternoon (General). It it the morning problems that hurt me, so I am going to try something different. I think I need help with the fundamental problems, so I am going to try to work problems from a review site. I don't know if it will help, but the I have tried the Lindeburg method twice so I need to do something different.
Sounds like it's time to mix it up. Maybe you should get Barron's manual (I think it was $20 at Barnes & Noble).

Latest posts

Back