Apple iPhone 6

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 4S but I am on the original operating system that it came with the year and a half ago I never do the upgrades and that seems to make the phone work just fine

The guy on CNN was actually hitting the phone pretty hard I'll see if I can find that clip it was pretty funny....

My wife summed it up best last night. Apple died with Steve Jobs...
Yup. Their QA/QC went to hell when Steve died. I have a 4S right now, with a cracked screen. I'm eligible for an upgrade in February, and am pretty damn sure I will NOT be continuing with Apple. I am just sick of issues with iTunes, updates, etc. Also, it is recommended that I not update my ops system to iOS8, because it may cause problems on the 4S, which is the lowest model that technically can support the update. That is BS. I'm sick of Apple deciding which phones of theirs are still relevant, and which are not.
sounds like the windows XP vs windows 7/8 discussion too

CNN showed that same video- you notice they never really show the front and back of the phone...

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/24/technology/mobile/apple-iphone-bend/

warning the guy in this video is defin. a hipster, possibly ghey (not that there is anything wrong with that - just goes to strength), and most likely not a republican. which might explain why he couldn't bend it..

sounds like the windows XP vs windows 7/8 discussion too
LOL, <smh>. Apples & oranges. Completely different topic.

XP is obsolete. Just like VHS/cassette tapes. Time to move on. MS still supports XP at minimal levels. Which more than I can say for Apple. Has Apple supported anything for 15+ years? :huh:

"The iPhone 6 Plus is significantly larger and thinner than the traditional iPhone. It's also made of aluminum, which is a naturally flexible material"

Yes, it's modulus is about 1/3 of steel, which means that it should be 3x more likely to spring back into shape than steel would...

"The iPhone 6 Plus is significantly larger and thinner than the traditional iPhone. It's also made of aluminum, which is a naturally flexible material"

Yes, it's modulus is about 1/3 of steel, which means that it should be 3x more likely to spring back into shape than steel would...
I'd rather have an austenitic stainless steel 2/3 as thick...

I'll take my royalty in large bills when that comes out please... ;)

i tried to bend one at AT&T store...it does take some force to break it..really i can break galaxy if i really push it...

Still doesn't explain why pockets are bending the phones when no other phone exhibits the same trait.

10 million sold 9 returned? If that's true I'd wager there's not really a problem....

Back