Anyone want to feel old?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I can't stomach the guy from his college (semi-pro) career, at least he caters to kids.  

True that. Wait until the Panther's first defeat. After that it will go down the drain in a hurry. Newton does not have character.
That's a bit harsh honestly. The guy did not have a good college career at all, but we shouldn't still be punishing the guy for things he did as a kid. He has matured and spends a lot of time in the Charlotte area doing charitable works and is by all accounts a stand up guy. You don't have to like him, but don't trash the guy for mistakes made in the past.

As much as I can't stomach the guy from his college (semi-pro) career, at least he caters to kids.  
This.

We are only seeing what the team's PR machine allow us to see. I would like to be wrong but it is a matter of when and not if. The higher he goes the harder the fall.

Wow, we've got some very judgmental people here. With all of the scrutiny that Cam has been under since he came into the league, if he was doing anything questionable at all outside of football, we would know about it. Some people don't want to give someone the benefit of the doubt that they have changed/matured/grown up at all. I have no problem with people disliking him based on his cockiness/arrogance, because he definitely has that, but so do many other players.

I'd say there's a big difference between "a guy who's dad allegedly took money in college and jeopardized his amateur status" and "stole a laptop at Florida", and "murdered a handful of people."

I'd say there's a big difference between "a guy who's dad allegedly took money in college and jeopardized his amateur status" and "stole a laptop at Florida", and "murdered a handful of people."
gotta start somewhere.

Auburn is waiting for the next big star to get kicked out of UGA or FL to make another championship run

Competition with FSU must be tight.  
Jimbo Fisher is always checking.

About Newton, it bothers me how he bragged about the "the money was too good to pass". We have a Spanish say, a bent tree will never straight up its trunk (árbol que nace doblado, jamas el tronco endeza). Based on the first years of Newton in the league I did not see an improvement in the character department. He said stuff like "I have to bring my teammates to my level" while being a rookie. That tells you how much he thinks about himself. That kind of people always mess up sooner or later because they think they are above everybody else.

I have a list of players I dislike, for one reason or the other. Am not a fan of any team so can go through all the teams and pick a player or two that I dislike in each one.

Brady - cheater (used to like him, he just made the list)

Big Ben - rapist

Vick - Do I really need to explain here?

Winston - thief and more...we all know.

Newton - thief, liar (Do believe he did not know about the money he got paid for playing for Auburn?)

(It is my personal opinion that Winston and Newton are the best examples of what is wrong with college football.)

Hardy - woman beater

Manziel - you mention it. It is actually almost sad.

There are some that are gone like Ray Rice and Ray Lewis. There are others I used to dislike until learned more about them (i.e. Richard Sherman). 95% of the NFL players are arrogant so am not including those in the list. The other day I was watching a Packer's game where Rodgers was having a field day with the defense. He was being pretty arrogant during the game. It was good to see him being brought back to Earth on the past two or three games.

Back to the original topic:

tawny.jpg

The local "oldies" radio station has started playing music from the "80's."   :redface:

Our local rock station plays "classic rock" from the f*cking 90's.  Since when is Everclear a f*cking rock band, never mind "classic" rock band?

The "classic rock" station has stayed true to it's name so far. And no, they do not play Everclear. The "alternative rock" station does though.

Our classic rock station has integrated some 90's stuff.  In the auto word "classic" status is at ~15 years old.  My daily driver is a classic!  LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back