Where are the old regulars?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't know where they may be. It's just the ebb and flow of people and internet places.

1714151676928.png

LOL, not quite. You banned all the regulars after they voiced objections about private boards becoming public. How's that working out for you?

View attachment 28997

LOL, not quite. You banned all the regulars after they voiced objections about private boards becoming public. How's that working out for you?
I’d have to say this may be the biggest factor.
1. Make longtime members feel unwelcome
2. Longtime members migrate away
3. Many other members had built trust and relationships with the longtime members, and without them to go to for advice, those members start to migrate too
4. This board was started when a bunch of us were getting ready for the PE exam, but the board became much more than that for many.
Discussions about work, projects, life, etc

I’d have to say this may be the biggest factor.
1. Make longtime members feel unwelcome
2. Longtime members migrate away
3. Many other members had built trust and relationships with the longtime members, and without them to go to for advice, those members start to migrate too
4. This board was started when a bunch of us were getting ready for the PE exam, but the board became much more than that for many.
Discussions about work, projects, life, etc
It's really, really sad to see. This was a community. There were people who had joined at least a decade before I did. This board got me through (multiple) exam attempts, but I stuck around after my passing attempt because of the community. I'm fortunate that I'm able to keep in touch with many of them today and have met multiple people off this board. But I was a supporting member, along with many others who got banned. I see many attempts to fundraise in my inbox as I logged in today. Maybe don't kick off long-term supporting members if you want to keep a website alive. Just a thought!!!

View attachment 28997

You are absolutely correct, unfortunately. I've been going through things and it looks bleak.
I know it doesn't mean much at this point but I'm sorry. Sparky has been let go and I am the new admin.

I would be happy to unban people but it might be seen at best as a token gesture, and one done out of less than admirable intentions. If that's something the community wants though I'm happy to do it.

My focus is going to be rebuilding what was destroyed. If you have any thoughts or ideas on what that looks like for you please feel free to let me know.

You are absolutely correct, unfortunately. I've been going through things and it looks bleak.
I know it doesn't mean much at this point but I'm sorry. Sparky has been let go and I am the new admin.

I would be happy to unban people but it might be seen at best as a token gesture, and one done out of less than admirable intentions. If that's something the community wants though I'm happy to do it.

My focus is going to be rebuilding what was destroyed. If you have any thoughts or ideas on what that looks like for you please feel free to let me know.
I appreciate you reaching out.

There are threads currently public on this page that were intended to be private. My first request would be that the intent of those threads are honored and that these threads are restored as private. I think we would all have to rebuild our trust in this site and its admins, but this would be one way to start. If this is something you are willing to do, I am happy to reach out via PM on which threads those are.

Actually - after discussing with other former members, we'd request that the private threads we were involved with be deleted completely. Again, if that's something you are willing to work with us on, I think that would be a good first step in restoring our trust in this site.

If you'd like to report them that would be the quickest way I can take action. I need to set up a forum to put them in, then restrict access and all that for that to work, but if you see them, report them and I will get them out of view for now at the very least.

Thank you for your help @heyPEgurl !

Actually - after discussing with other former members, we'd request that the private threads we were involved with be deleted completely. Again, if that's something you are willing to work with us on, I think that would be a good first step in restoring our trust in this site.

So deletion instead of setting up the forums and proper permissions?

Either way, reporting them would bee the fastest way to get them to me. You could also send me a pm with all the links.

Either way, reporting them would bee the fastest way to get them to me. You could also send me a pm with all the links.
Yes, we would feel more comfortable with deleting them.

Thank you so much. I'll work on reporting the ones we want deleted.

I've reported the threads that we would like to get removed...confirming whether there are any others. Thank you again.

Would it be possible to unban me? I am txjennah PE.

Back