Am I being unreasonable?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did most of my major copying and printing either before everyone got here or after everyone left at night. I came in on a saturday to do nothing other than print out the MUTCD and HCM - then raid the supply closet to find binders and use the industrial sized hole puncher we have.
I raided the supply closet for binders too... and "borrowed" the giant hole punch that "absolutely is not supposed to leave the copy room!!!" :) These are things that I just wouldn't have felt comfortable doing when everybody else was in the office.

^^^I even abused the marketing color printer to make the cover sheet look real nice when I slid it in the binder front. Idiots gave me a key to the office and the alarm code!

-Ray

I did most of my production work after hours because I too would feel uneasy about tying up company resources during 'operating' hours. I also imaged all of my materials after hours as well. It is a good thing I did it back in the day - I no longer have access to a high speed scanner :(

JR

I had to apologize to my husband last week...because apparently I'm in superbitch mode.

He took our two-year-old son hunting the last two weekends, so I had an empty house and it has made ALL the diiference. I now owe him big after this is all done!

This may sound horrible, but being a female engineer is never as easy as being a male engineer. There are things you have to put up with that just aren't fair. That being said, I think women are much better equipped to survive the difficulties of juggling career and family, being treated unfairly (whether at work or home), having to be better to be treated equal, etc. The less of a big deal you make of it, the better off you'll be.

Sorry guys, I'm just being blunt. (One of my most endearing qualities!)

This may sound horrible, but being a female engineer is never as easy as being a male engineer. There are things you have to put up with that just aren't fair. That being said, I think women are much better equipped to survive the difficulties of juggling career and family, being treated unfairly (whether at work or home), having to be better to be treated equal, etc. The less of a big deal you make of it, the better off you'll be.Sorry guys, I'm just being blunt. (One of my most endearing qualities!)
I am going to be blunt too and it will sound horrible.

I wish you to be a man in your next life and marry my wife. How about that. :respect: Then we will talk about hardships and difficulties.... :bio:

:joke:

Do you really have any "HARDSHIP", BIO? :dunno: B)
I do not know. What is the meaning of that? :dunno: Sounded like a pretty bad word to me.

What I wanted to say that she is like :whipping: and :15: .

A real pain.

Actually, the word's meaning is what I was thinking:adversity, privation,difficulty, suffering....So, I am taking back what I wished before. No one deserves such a bad fortune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, sorry. I guess I was in one of those moods last night. I hope there are no hard feelings. I'll try to play nice now.

Okay, sorry. I guess I was in one of those moods last night. I hope there are no hard feelings. I'll try to play nice now.
No Mary. Iam the one apologizing. After I read my post I realized it was a little strong and out of proportion.

I am sorry. No hard feelings here.

Should we have a group hug or something? We need an emoticon for group hug. I'm glad this stuff doesn't end up like teenage girls. They can be horrible. They never get over anything.

^^^ At least it didn't carryover into a bigger fight ;)

Besides, isn't better to have a little fight and then feel a little love ?? :)

JR

did someone say group hug?
group_hug.jpg

Back