Aging

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I'd really care if my hair or beard turned gray/white, and they haven't yet, but what has started to turn white are my eyebrows.  That just looks weird. :\

1 hour ago, ptatohed said:
Yup, we have 2 boys (3 and 6) and we decided to roll the dice for a girl - and we got her!  Due Oct 5th.  Congrats to you matt, I did not know!  :)  

Congrats!

We are in the same boat.  We have a 2 boys, 2 and 5, and have had a couple of conversations about it.  I just don't know if I can go back to the baby mentality.

I've been cutting my hair on my own for a while now.  I started going bald a few years back so I decided to buy some clippers and gave myself the Jason Statham cut.  

Yup, we have 2 boys (3 and 6) and we decided to roll the dice for a girl - and we got her!  Due Oct 5th.  Congrats to you matt, I did not know!  :)  
Thanks.

I have two girls. NO WAY IN HELL am I going to roll the dice and try for again for a boy. It's not worth the risk.

I've been going bald since I was 18 and started shaving my head around 25, so at this point it's who I am. I have started noticing the gray hairs in my beard though. Honestly, aging doesn't bother me that much. I've never been one to fret over getting older, but what really hits me is when I see how big my kids are now. I can't believe how fast time goes by and that scares me much more than me getting physically older. I wish that I could slow down time and spend more time with my kids now since they're at the age that they want to spend time with me.

I've been going bald since I was 18 and started shaving my head around 25, so at this point it's who I am. I have started noticing the gray hairs in my beard though. Honestly, aging doesn't bother me that much. I've never been one to fret over getting older, but what really hits me is when I see how big my kids are now. I can't believe how fast time goes by and that scares me much more than me getting physically older. I wish that I could slow down time and spend more time with my kids now since they're at the age that they want to spend time with me.
x2!

My nose hair gets out of control these days. I have to cut them every couple days.

I have to shave my ears.
I did not know this was you Supe.  Could've sworn you looked different:

1ac86e0b6029c4e5a112d09824fdaf45.jpg

Only 36 here, but I've found the nose hair thing a bit disturbing too.  Every now and then there will be a 2"er come out of nowhere.  Other than that, no grey, no wrinkles, no aches and pains.  Life is good.

Thanks.

I have two girls. NO WAY IN HELL am I going to roll the dice and try for again for a boy. It's not worth the risk.
I think the statistics show that if you have two girls, your 3rd is ever so slightly likely to be a boy.  I think it is like 51% or something like that. 

Also, I don't know fore sure if it really, truly works or not but supposedly there are techniques you can do to skew the odds in your favor to obtain the gender you want.  We did it and here's how it went for us.  1st born:  We did every trick in the book (I won't get too graphical here) to get a boy and we did.  2nd born:  Didn't try any "tricks" and got a boy.  3rd born:  Did absolutely everything in the book to get a girl and we did.  So, form your own opinion.  :)  

Only 36 here, but I've found the nose hair thing a bit disturbing too.  Every now and then there will be a 2"er come out of nowhere.  Other than that, no grey, no wrinkles, no aches and pains.  Life is good.
When I get those, it's always platinum silver.  Looks like fishing line.  Never quite figured that one out.  

I think the statistics show that if you have two girls, your 3rd is ever so slightly likely to be a boy.  I think it is like 51% or something like that. 

Also, I don't know fore sure if it really, truly works or not but supposedly there are techniques you can do to skew the odds in your favor to obtain the gender you want.  We did it and here's how it went for us.  1st born:  We did every trick in the book (I won't get too graphical here) to get a boy and we did.  2nd born:  Didn't try any "tricks" and got a boy.  3rd born:  Did absolutely everything in the book to get a girl and we did.  So, form your own opinion.  :)  
Tell that to my husbands former boss...5 girls before the boy the boy they wanted 

But do you have your hair goodal?? 

I'll take wrinkles, I'll take gray, I'll take ear/nose hair, I just want my head hair!  I am holding on tight.  I have receded a little for sure up front but most of it is there still.  I started receding at like 27 and it isn't ideal but it hasn't really gotten too too much worse since my late 20s / mid 30s.  I do the "comb forward" trick (not to be confused with a "comb over"). 

Back