AE PE April 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flux is defined as flow per unit area , Exitance is M Lumens per square meters . Since the question is about ratio ( unitless ) A and D are impossible . Between transmitance , transmitance (rate) sounds like the best answer However ZEN MASTER once said : when the light leave a room the room gets dark and when the light returns to the room luminates again ! Rate of light / no light. Luminous (lumiere) rate light to no light is the correct answer.

Bullshit ? well , maybe

April 2012, Maryland

So, how did everyone fare?  Thoughts, opinions, horror stories..please do tell.

I personally have no idea if I passed or not, especially being a first-time test taker. For any of you repeat takers, do you feel it was easier or more difficult than the previous time?

Brian

I think he mentioned in the post that he used what was formerly the Structural I NCEES sample exam. The NCEES civil/ structural depth sample exam will give you the same effect, though, and it will be current with codes.

Also, this was a great post that Nick put together summarizing what works in terms of preparing for the PE Exam. Thanks!

I took the PE Power for the second time last friday. I'm an electrical construction consulting engineer. The Power exam goes way to much into depth of the inter working of Power equipment. If I don't pass it this time I will be taking AE PE this spring. I'm interested in an online study group, as well as knowing what reference materials are to be used.

I was wondering if anyone utilized or has purchased the ARE Review Manuel and if this was of any benefit

I plan on taking it. I'm not really sure what study materials to utilize. It seems there is a reference guide for every exam out there but the AE. The following thread was linked in the 2012 AE PE exam thread. Take a look for study materials.

/>http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=16252

What did you do to study for the structural portion of the exam? It's my weakest area so I'd like to focus on that.

Has anyone looked into purchasing the NCEES Civil Structural Practice problems?

This is what I get for specializing in Environmental when I studied my AE degree....haha.

Attachments

• 2011-04-05 19.16.06 edited.JPG
    2011-04-05 19.16.06 edited.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 5
So, if you are reading this, you are preparing for the Architectural Engineering PE exam and have realized that there are few resources available. I went through the same thing. To help out any future exam-takers, I decided to blog about what I did when, what I found useful, etc.

The blog is located here: www.aepeexam.blogspot.com. In about 2 months I will either be adding topics regarding what to do after you pass, or covering how to re-apply and what to do for your second time around....

Hope it helps, and feel free to ask any questions!

I'm thinking of taking the AE PE. I'm looking for specification on what makes people eligilbe to take this PE? For some reason I keep getting the feeling that one is required to have a PE in another disapline prior to taking the AE PE, kinda like the SE. Many thanks for any advise. Note: I'm about a year out from being eligible to take a PE.

I'm thinking of taking the AE PE. I'm looking for specification on what makes people eligilbe to take this PE? For some reason I keep getting the feeling that one is required to have a PE in another disapline prior to taking the AE PE, kinda like the SE. Many thanks for any advise. Note: I'm about a year out from being eligible to take a PE.
That isn't accurate. It is just a different discipline test targeted at Architectural Engineering graduates. It touches on electrical, mechanical, and structural. It might also have some acoustics. I graduated with that degree, but passed the Power PE. Check out the test description when you have time.

I graduated with an AE degree (mechanical concentration) and just took the Mechanical - HVAC&R test. I'd recommend this one to other AE's, as we generally live in the HVAC&R world anyway. There's generally some acoustic and structural questions on the exams.

Back