A redneck road trip west....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trade it in for one of these:

national-guard1.jpg

Cement & CSB. How far south is the damage? Did it get to Westminster and broomfield or is it just around boulder?

I'm a set to make this road trip again either Wednesday night or Thursday am.. I got the roadster with the talley wheel sport pack at the shop right now getting a tune up...

Most of the major roadway damage is up in the foothills to the north/west of Boulder, but there is significant flood damage to homes/businesses all the way down here in Aurora. Not really sure how I-25 turned out north of Denver, but it was closed for at least several hours due to flooding.

I-25 was closed for a few days actually. It's re-opened. The critical areas are the path of the Platte River into Northeast Colorado and on into Nebraska now.

It looks like Broomfield escaped the worst of it. http://www.broomfield.org/index.aspx?NID=1870

no road closures or evacuations in effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Major interstates are open again. Eastern Colorado has also had a lot of damage, but it's higher up by Greeley. You should be okay to do the I-70 to I-25 route again.

RG, It's probably in the best interest of all Colorado residents that you move back to the ATL. The rain seems to follow you. This year in Atlanta we have been getting absurd amounts of rain (Atlanta Rainfall Scorecard). We are well beyond what we would ordinarily get in a full year and it's only September, but right around the time you started working in Colorado it stopped raining here. Meanwhile it sounds like ever since you moved to Boulder they have been inundated with rain. In the interest of public safety it would probably be best if you quit doing your rain dance. ;p

18 inches of rain is a lot of water. I hope the EB colorado contingent is weathering this storm OK.

Fix the Big Thompson first. I want to make it to the Christmas parade. Looks like you could just add it to a contract patching job.

Big_Thompson_Canyon_921680000_921426_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Fix the Big Thompson first. I want to make it to the Christmas parade. Looks like you could just add it to a contract patching job.

Big_Thompson_Canyon_921680000_921426_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

We just sealed and re striped our parking lot last week. Only took a couple days. This looks like what - maybe a week's worth of work? Geesh, what a mess.........

Back