A present for passing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to Vermont on a ski trip January 4th. If I pass, I will spend lots of money and celebrate on my vacation. If I fail, this trip will be my last fun trip before the studying starts again. Hopefully, I will find out before I leave.
Where in VT dude? I'm near Killington, Okemo, Ascutney, etc.

I'm always game for a drink on the weekend. PM me if interested.

Where in VT dude? I'm near Killington, Okemo, Ascutney, etc.
I'm always game for a drink on the weekend. PM me if interested.

We are going to Okemo! We wont be there until Sunday night. We are staying in Boston Friday and Saturday.

I have yet to reward myself for passing the P.E. I am looking hard at a new Chrysler 300C, but it seems a little too drastic a purchase for now. I like the Ipod touch idea, I just may do that as well.

I had a 3D ultrasound done... isn't he cute?
PICS_38a.jpg
Very nice TXengrChick !!!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

How do I win this argument?
You don't!!! :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

My wife is STILL trying to come up with things she can buy since I passed my exam while I got nothing more than ... It's about time you passed that !@#$%^&* exam !!!! :brickwall: :brickwall:

I always wanted a kayak and it is still pending almost a year and a half after passing. I am not too excited about it....not for kayaking in Florida. Why???GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told to assume there is a gator in every pond, lake, body of water here and heck....it is darn true. A gator was spotted at the pond in the front of the place I live.
As long as you don't FEED the gator it should be okay. They really stay away from people - just leave your pooch at home. :)

I will be graduating with my MS soon, so I think I am going to try to do something *BIG* as a combo-present. I don't see that going over well with the OH, but one can always try. :)

JR

How long are you going to be in the area? There's plenty of great touristy stuff in that area.
We will be there Sunday night through Wednesday. We plan on snowboarding Monday and Tuesday.

The first time I took it (failed), I got this on the way home:

51ZF18KQAYL._AA280_.jpg

The second time I took it (passed), I bought the wood to make this: (not the best picture, but it will work)

tv.jpg

It's oak, painted black instead of staining in order to hide my mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
**** this is my first post with my itouch. Is this a first for eb.com??

I always wanted a kayak and it is still pending almost a year and a half after passing. I am not too excited about it....not for kayaking in Florida. Why???GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told to assume there is a gator in every pond, lake, body of water here and heck....it is darn true. A gator was spotted at the pond in the front of the place I live.
You mean kinda like this ....

1_LakeAliceGatorFall05_1_.jpg

Now look at him .. he is just hanging out and being friendly not messing with anyone. I think you could safely kayak around him. :)

JR

I bought a girl's getaway trip for my sister and I to Green Bay, WI! You may not think it is the ideal location, but when you are a huge Green Bay Packer fan there is no other place you'd want to go. We will be flying in to attend the January 12th playoff game at lambeau field!

Go Pack Go!

Sara :party-smiley-048:

I bought a girl's getaway trip for my sister and I to Green Bay, WI! You may not think it is the ideal location, but when you are a huge Green Bay Packer fan there is no other place you'd want to go. We will be flying in to attend the January 12th playoff game at lambeau field!
Go Pack Go!

Sara

:party-smiley-048:

I love GB! I am so jealous! Go Farve!

17.5 lbs, full carbon fiber

Followed shortly after by a trip to Italy to fully break it in.

I didn't even THINK ABOUT buying myself a present, but it seems like it something I SHOULD be thinking about!!!! Maybe a new Supercharger for the Mustang!

Go Pack Go!

Sara

I love girls getaways trips...can I go?

As childish as it sounds, I want a PS3 system...i love sports gaming...and haven't done it in 2-3 years (single dad = no time)

Otherwise, I haven't bought myself anything...i did buy my family (parents, sisters, brothers) dinner for helping me with my daughter through this phase...does that count?

I celebrated, dinner with my wife; we're still trying to decide, but really going to splurge...probably a SIG P229 and a concealed carry class.

Go Pack Go!

Sara

I went to a workshop in Atlanta the last week of October. Green Bay was playing against ?? on Monday Night Football. There was a lady that was also attending the workshop there from WI and she was in the sports bar (of the hotel) going completely wild when GB let the other team tie it up to go into OT but then pull it out in the end.

You are right ... if you are THAT wild about football - it sounds like it will be a BLAST for you (and your sister)!

JR

I'm contemplating a fancy expensive dinner with the bf. I would've bought an ipod, but he gave me one for my birthday.

Of course, I won't find out my results for another month. Even if I only pass one or two of the tests (California makes you pass three), I'm still going to do a little something special.

First time I didn't pass so I bought alot of beer!

Second Time I passed I bought alot of beer and a TAG watch !! I always wanted a nice watch.

Back