A present for passing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 3D ultrasound done... isn't he cute?
PICS_38a.jpg
That is unreal. AMAZING what they can do. We never had a 3D done, wish we did. Congrats!!!

ya this new 3D.. heard someone saying 4D!! is amazing.. it can picture the minutest detail and it is way better than ultrasound... she is so sweettt.... will wait to see her when she is out!!

good luck

The reason they say it is 4D is because it's a live video... so time is the 4th dimension... kinda stretching it a bit if you ask me... :)

The reason they say it is 4D is because it's a live video... so time is the 4th dimension... kinda stretching it a bit if you ask me... :)
i knew it had to do with some fancy marketing term!! but nevertheless 3D imaging is cool and really connects you with the baby all the more!! just few weeks back i was watching a documentary on the journey of a baby in mother's womb. right from day one to the moment he/she is in the parents' hands. it was so revealing and most of it was possible coz of this 3D imaging. we (wife and I) were very excited watching that documentary. We haven't planned any yet... still watching the journey was very very exciting since we both love kids..

I am waiting to get preg. until I pass the SE. I am scared that I wont be able to study while I am preg.. How along are u? Were you preg. when you took the test?
We never planned on me being pregnant for the exam... I was on birth control... it didn't work. Oh well!

Anyway, I was 15 weeks when I took the exam. I found out I was pregnant in mid-August and by then had been studying for about 7 weeks. For me, it was more of an incentive because I knew that I absolutely would not be taking the April exam... since the exam is on April 11 and I'm due April 13!

Yes, it was harder to study because I was always tired... no, the added stress probably wasn't good for me or baby... but we made it!

It was actually harder for me when I took the FE. My dd was 3.5 months old and I was taking 17 credits trying to finish out my degree. I honestly can't remember studying at all for that one.

We never planned on me being pregnant for the exam... I was on birth control... it didn't work. Oh well!
Anyway, I was 15 weeks when I took the exam. I found out I was pregnant in mid-August and by then had been studying for about 7 weeks. For me, it was more of an incentive because I knew that I absolutely would not be taking the April exam... since the exam is on April 11 and I'm due April 13!

Yes, it was harder to study because I was always tired... no, the added stress probably wasn't good for me or baby... but we made it!

It was actually harder for me when I took the FE. My dd was 3.5 months old and I was taking 17 credits trying to finish out my degree. I honestly can't remember studying at all for that one.
Good for you! I hope I passed and then I can start my family..... I took the FE in college and I didnt study for that either and I passed.

Oh! The baby is so cute! We two ultrasounds done- the first was the old style, where the baby looked like an alien. We had to get a second one for health reasons and they told us to request the 4D and we're really glad we did.

I live in awe of anyone who could study while pregnant. I did a lot of throwing up and sleeping.

^^That is pretty cool! (and pretty cute!)

I bought a car after getting my wall certificate. 2007 Toyota RAV4. Actually, we were going to buy a car anyway, and I had been putting it off for like a year and a half, but the PE license just kind of got me in the mood.

I got myself a Tag Heuer F1 Chrono as a self-gift. I wanted a Carrera, but after the "holiday expenses", this made more sense. Besides, I really like it.

Got into an interesting disgreement with the other 1/2. She now want s to get a similiarly priced handbag as her "graduation gift." for getting her MS. But we took a family trip to NYC to see her walk with her class (cost WAY more than a $800 watch).

How do I win this argument?

I got myself a Tag Heuer F1 Chrono as a self-gift. I wanted a Carrera, but after the "holiday expenses", this made more sense. Besides, I really like it.
Got into an interesting disgreement with the other 1/2. She now want s to get a similiarly priced handbag as her "graduation gift." for getting her MS. But we took a family trip to NYC to see her walk with her class (cost WAY more than a $800 watch).

How do I win this argument?
Good luck with that one. I had to settle for a case of beer. I think I'll sneak something a little more valuable under the radar in a few months, hehe.

Texas Aggie '02

I bought myself another expensive guitar (a Bourgeois Vintage D for the benefit of other guitarists out there). The thought of a reward is the only thing that kept me motivated at times.

Keith

I am still basking in the glory... Drinking tonight cause it is soon to be a new year... Realizing I can now be sued! Awaiting the arrival of my seal... It will take a few weeks more for it all to sink in...

I guess we will consider our trip to Texas in February as the gift... Going to court on Valentine's Day cause the Ex does not want to pay child support but the great thing there is that my wonderful husband will be with me, the man that has truly been amazing to me and my kids.

You know what! I already have my self gift, my wonderful family! Thank God I have my kiddos and my husband!

God bless everyone, happy new year! Truly enjoy your accomplishments, every single one! Been a long time coming but I can honestly say that you can have it all! I certainly do!

So, you've got the jacket NOW YOU MUST BUY THE BIKE.
Two bad knees and a bad back later, I think I'll cut my losses. I plan on buying an Audi A6 next year (and of course keeping the Jeep). I was going to buy an Audi this year, but since we traded in my wife's car for the super-sexy minivan, I am going to hold off a few more months.

Actually I was also thinking about a nice compressor to go with all of the air tools I got for Christmas (unless someone is also then planning to give me the compressor to run all of the tools).

I had a 3D ultrasound done... isn't he cute?
PICS_38a.jpg
I went with my wife to most of her ultrasounds (both where they told us what we were having). The last one she had done with the twins was funny - my daughter wouldn't hold still, and the ultrasound tech said 'Wow, look at all of that hair'. It's always a lot of fun when the tech says 'what do you think this is' and it looks like an eye and then they tell you it is a kidney or the stomach. My wife didn't want me to play around with the equipment when the tech left the room though.

Congrats TX!

I always wanted a kayak and it is still pending almost a year and a half after passing. I am not too excited about it....not for kayaking in Florida. Why???

GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told to assume there is a gator in every pond, lake, body of water here and heck....it is darn true. A gator was spotted at the pond in the front of the place I live.

After years of being a 35mm film devotee, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a digital SLR. I went with the Nikon D40X 10mp and two lenses, a 18-50mm AF and a 50-200mm AF that stops down to 3.5. So far it's been pretty awesome. I got a 2GB card and still haven't filled it up.

I still think film (especially medium to large format) has better resolution than digital (unless we're talking a $35,000 Hasselblad digital) but I have to admit, the luxury of not having to reload film, buy film or have photos developed is awesome.

I always wanted a kayak and it is still pending almost a year and a half after passing. I am not too excited about it....not for kayaking in Florida. Why???GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told to assume there is a gator in every pond, lake, body of water here and heck....it is darn true. A gator was spotted at the pond in the front of the place I live.
Can you just fill the bathtub and install a high power fan to get the same effect?

:)

I wouldn't go near water in Florida. Too many of those Fox shows where they show a gator eating someone's dog.

Back