A few good engineers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdcengineer

Sharp as a piece of beach glass
Reaction score
THE REMAKE:

NCEES: You want answers?

ENGINEER: I think I'm entitled to them.

NCEES: You want answers?!

Engineer: I want the truth!

NCEES: You can't HANDLE the truth!!

Son, we live in a world that has an exam administered twice a year.

And that exam has to be sorted, graded, compiled, emailed and in some states even MAILED! Who's gonna sort through those results while fielding calls from impatient ENGINEERS? You? You, MR. Examinee? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You weep for LOST WEEKENDS and you curse the delay in processing.

You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that THOSE EXAMS, while tricky, probably saved lives.

And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...

You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't post about on EB.com, you WANT me on that Board.

You NEED me on that Board.

You use words like DESIGN, CODE, ANALYSIS...

you use these words as the backbone to a life spent providing Engineering to the Public.

I use 'em as a punchline at the water-cooler.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain my delay to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very licensure process which I provide,

then questions the manner in which I provide it!

I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way.

Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a a calculator and NCEES study guide and start preparing for the Re-EXAM.

Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

NCEES: Did you take the pencil from the exam room, AND call 10 times for results since Junce 1st?

Engineer: (quietly) I took the exam you administered.

NCEES: Did you take the PENCIL from the EXAM ROOM and call 10 times for results since June 1st?!!

Engineer: You're goddamn right I did!

Another State Board worker:

Hey Wiseguy, I don't need this. I swear to God, I do not need this right now, OK?

I got a director that’s just aching to fire me for incompetence. Thousands of idiots who want their results YESTERDAY.

Scantron sheets, rude emails, telephone calls; a bunch of goody two-shoes states that have posted their results already.

I ain't slept in two weeks. I got no money. A pending unprofessional behavior hearing.

And a little matter of the approaching deadline for the next exam which, in the balance, holds the lives of all those who fail this time and have to take the exam again.

Not to mention the appeals, processing the new applications, sending out the certificates, updating the licensee, and let me see, what else can we pile on?

Is there any more shit we can pile on to the top of the outcome of this exam?

Is it possible?

Back