Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted BPELSG yesterday to make sure my application that I sent in is still good since I just took the 8hr this past Friday and they said they will process it regardless. I suggest you give them a call too to be sure.
Hi Barney, 

Just out of curiosity which number did you call them? Because every time I've called them they just ask me for my last name and transfer me to someone... and then that someone never answers.. I've left Voicemails but no call backs... 

Hi Barney, 
Just out of curiosity which number did you call them? Because every time I've called them they just ask me for my last name and transfer me to someone... and then that someone never answers.. I've left Voicemails but no call backs... 
9162632222 is the number I called. Maybe I got lucky but I was able to reach them without a problem.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I would think your references would still be fine, if you don't need to count any of the time from this point onward towards the experience needed (1 year with masters, 2 years without) to apply to the Board. So, don't fear yet!

@CAPLS, do you have anything to add?
No one should need to have the engagement/reference forms re-issued.  They essentially do not expire.

I'm on the same boat, @Ecabral07 And so is one of my friends.

I was so diligently aiming for Nov 6 deadline. My heart dropped when I heard from a fellow 8-hr taker that they just changed the policy. If only I just have gotten into the pipeline a week ahead.. but I needed to put 10/30 to get a full month of experience.

I wish they would make it effective after Nov 6. Now our applications look out of whack. And in the case that I fail Oct AND Apr, one of my reference's license would be expired. I'm sure it's explainable at that point, but it's not ideal.

Best case scenario, we might still make it to the April tests. Know our result in Dec, 60 days to process will put us around Feb/Mar.

I was finally able to talk to someone from the board. 

The response I got was that we could still submit our application now, and they should just hold it until notification of passing the national exam. But they lady whom I spoke to told me she saw no problem will references dated this year being used next year since like someone here said, references don't expire. 

In sum, I didn't send my application yet, I'll wait until my result of the national exam and go from there. 

Back