2016 April Results released

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WGodfrey: Registering for the exam thru Continental Testing Services (CTS) was a requirement in order to sit for the exam in Illinois.

As far as Fall vs Spring, historically, Illinois has proven to turn around the results faster in the Fall in comparison to the Spring (by as much as 2 weeks sooner). I would not use Fall as a basis of Spring turnaround.

Do you think its appropriate to put 'S.E.' in my name title now on emails?  Or should I officially wait for my license number? 
If your state (or a state you provide engineering services in) has practice or title restrictions on "SE" or "structural engineer" then I would wait. If not, then you can probably get away with putting S.E. on your emails.

WGodfrey: Registering for the exam thru Continental Testing Services (CTS) was a requirement in order to sit for the exam in Illinois.

As far as Fall vs Spring, historically, Illinois has proven to turn around the results faster in the Fall in comparison to the Spring (by as much as 2 weeks sooner). I would not use Fall as a basis of Spring turnaround.
Oh yeah, CTS = Continent Testing Services....doy

I guess I just don't understand why the reslease, from the state board, was instantaneous (or effectively so) in the fall, but they're dragging their feet this time around.

I went and looked up the agenda for the board meeting tomorrow morning, no mention of the exams. 

:dunno:

Still waiting on MA.  They are literally killing me because last fall when everyone got results on Friday we were Monday morning and of course now that's not the case. 

They just released the breakdowns for the passers and failers for the SE in April. Must say, 50% is the highest I have ever seen for first timers on vertical forces bridges.

Yeah, looks like the pass rates (for 1st time takers) are a little higher this time. Probably because there is more knowledge about the exam, now that it has been given for 5 years. Those taking the exam know what they are in for, and are better prepared. That's my theory anyway.  

I agree.  I think word is getting out and most people have at least one person they know that has taken the exam to give them a better idea of content / difficulty level.

which would violate NCEES' policy.
Not specifics in violation of the policy.  I meant that when I first thought about taking it I thought AASHTO and SERM would have everything I would need but I was told instead to really learn all of the codes and bring them all.

Hmm, I decided to call and got thru to someone. They said they were still waiting on board approval to release them, but that it would be on NCEES as soon as they do. So at least we don't have to rely on the USPS.

Hmm, I decided to call and got thru to someone. They said they were still waiting on board approval to release them, but that it would be on NCEES as soon as they do. So at least we don't have to rely on the USPS.
Nice!  Now if the board would approve them...

Back