$2 / Gal Gasoline as OPEC tries to kill US Fracking.....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still $3.50+ in these parts! And we have several oil fields and refineries.

I haven't paid under $1.00 a gallon since 1998. I'd love to pay that again!

We should start building some more refineries and just sweep the leg on OPEC and the Russians oil business

95c6d9fcd1e8a38cbe7c4cb9eca4495d.jpg

Our gas is down to $4.40. Which is insane, but just a few months ago it was at $5.15, so I'm not complaining too hard.

filled up at $2.20 this morning. Mr snick filled up in STL yesterday at $2.09 it is dropping lower and lower

Article in the Denver Post over the weekend said there are multiple stations across the state with under $2/gal

Only a fraction of the wells need $70 or more to be profitable. Majority are at least above $40, and quite a few can drop to $12 and still be profitable. From what I am gathering, small seems that used to be ignored in the 80's are now very profitable.

The truth may be a global effort against Russia.
Depends on the producing basin...some Eagle Ford and Permian fields can go to $35-40, others start to lose at $65-70. Seeing some rigs idling...it's bad for some local economies (like Houston) but better for everyone else.

Only a couple of the OPEC countries can afford for the price to be so low (Saudi Arabia is one). Most of the countries need oil much higher ($70+) to meet their national budgets. Some people think it's not about US oil shale, but instead it's about the Saudis gaining market share in China.

Of the 3 gas stations on the corner when i came into town this morning. two were 1.87 and the other bumped their price up to 2.19.

So I stopped and filled up since it would not be that cheap after work

***update*** as predicted the other two gas stations were 2.19 on my way home. a 32 cent increase over a couple hrs is purely price gouging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back