10 states standard

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have it printed in my notebook but I've never looked at it for a problem. Why do I have it? Its a lot of disorganized pages as far as I can tell. Am I wrong?

^^ The only time I can see that reference as being useful is if you are asked to design a unit, and you are not given a design parameter like flow. Those standards generally provide operational ranges for different parameters for different units.

If you have Metcalf & Eddy it will serve the same function (and more) as that printout of disorganized pages. ;)

:2cents:

JR

Last edited:
JR's probably right, but you never know. I generally fall into the "you never know" camp. I think that all questions you will see on the test will give you the values of constants, rather than risking people using differing sources to come up with design values, and then getting different answers. On the other hand, the 10 state standards does have standards in it, and "you just never know" if they'll ask a question that requires you to look up a standard... M&E doesn't typically give "standards."

you can expect a look-up type question about water quality required or some viruses in water or something like it. i am talking of AM section here. at least that's what our environmental teacher told us in review course (for Oct 07 exam). the reference at the back of CERM is useful too...

good luck.

Back