PA PE results - Post results here

148 replies to this topic

#1 pacivilstructural

pacivilstructural

Intern

• 41 posts
  • Discipline:Civil

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Please post PA results here. I just noticed my NCEES account home page changed. It now allows for April Exam registrations. Getting close to posting results!

#2 pacivilstructural

pacivilstructural

Intern

• 41 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

The NCEES site is down. UGh. I assume we just need to keep checking this and/or our email for the result? I did find it weird that when the 4/12 exam registration went up today the diagnostic/result table went down. Maybe that is why they took the site down? I am still thinking we have a week, but I am going to look at the states that are already posted and see if they get results through NCEES.

#3 highandtight

highandtight

Intern

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Discipline:Structural

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

Board calender looks like December 21st is slated for engineering meeting. I don't know if this means we will have to wait until then for results...hopefully not.

http://www.portal.st.../calendar/17328

#4 pacivilstructural

pacivilstructural

Intern

• 41 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

I will find out tomorrow. One of my sponsors is on the PLS board and he knows how all that works. Thanks for the info

#5 paeng21

paeng21

Intern

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

You will find out tomorrow or all of PA will find out tomorrow?

#6 tdog

tdog

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

Please do ask your sponser if approving the exam results is on the Board agenda this month. Many thanks.

#7 pacivilstructural

pacivilstructural

Intern

• 41 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Sorry guys - The board member I know is not going to this board meeting. He said they always try VERY hard to get them out before the end of the year, but that was all he could share. :(

#8 Rebelboilers

Rebelboilers

Intern

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Discipline:Mechanical

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

Please don't tell me that we have to wait until at least Thursday to get our results. My productivity is way down, and I can't get a good night's sleep.
Come on!
NCEES is closed this Friday and next Monday, so we might have to wait until Tuesday if the Board takes too long on Thursday.

#9 aneesu786

aneesu786

Mechanical Engineer

• 109 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Has anyone called the PA board or PCH???

#10 paeng21

paeng21

Intern

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

I called the PA Board last week and the person I talked to didn't really know what was going on, she said that we would get the results from NCEES before they did. That was earlier in the week so I didn't pursue it any further. An email I got back from PCS on Friday said that they couldn't "give me an exact date. Just keep checking with NCEES to see if the scores have been released. I would say no later than next week sometime but NCEES says 10-12 from the exam date."

#11 rhorv373

rhorv373

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Discipline:Enviro

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

Please don't tell me that we have to wait until at least Thursday to get our results. My productivity is way down, and I can't get a good night's sleep.
Come on!
NCEES is closed this Friday and next Monday, so we might have to wait until Tuesday if the Board takes too long on Thursday.

NO KIDDING!!!! I am about as distracted as I could be right now!!!

Just saw a rumor post that CA was releasing... Really?!?!?

#12 snobumPE

snobumPE

Super Awesome Contributing Member, Cartographer

• Supporting Member
  • 274 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

PA is a PCS state. i would suggest contacting them. Apparently a few people reported PCS will be releasing VA today. DE and MA, which are also PCS states, have been released already.

#13 Rebelboilers

Rebelboilers

Intern

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

Yup, not a rumor. I personally verfied it on the CA licensing board website. I was hoping that PA would release today as well, or at least post a release notice on the PA licensing board website (I checked, "nothing").

#14 pacivilstructural

pacivilstructural

Intern

• 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

So it's looking like California before PA. Really?!? C'Mon PA. I am considering billing the PCS/PA Board for my time this week as I am, obviously not working this week. Like California as in the State that is more corrupt than NJ. Really?!?!

#15 JohnHu

JohnHu

Intern

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

This waiting is worse then when I took it before.

#16 aneesu786

aneesu786

Mechanical Engineer

• 109 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

Any results, my dear PA test takers?

#17 Rebelboilers

Rebelboilers

Intern

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

Unfortunately, No results yet. I just checked MY NCEES two minutes ago. I even called PCS just to see if they had any insight into when PA would release the results, 'no data.'
I'm dying here from suspense.

#18 paeng21

paeng21

Intern

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

Just talked to someone from PCS, apparently the results will be released this week

#19 Rebelboilers

Rebelboilers

Intern

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

The Board is meeting now! Maybe we'll have our results this afternoon.

Event Name: Engineer
Event Date and Time: 12/21/2011 9:30 AM
Event Description: State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists
Event Location: Boardroom B

Edited by Rebelboilers, 21 December 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#20 aneesu786

aneesu786

Mechanical Engineer

• 109 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Thanks, Rebelboiler will check later today.

#21 tdog

tdog

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

Well, I was optimistic about today but the later it is already 4:30 and nothing. This anticipation is worse than being a kid the day before Christmas.

#22 rhorv373

rhorv373

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Amen tdog...
And I thought YESTERDAY was unproductive... Today was excruciating!!!!!

#23 FatDirk

FatDirk

Intern

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Discipline:Electrical

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

I wish we would hear already. I keep anxiously checking the website. I need to know. I have a job interview on Weds and it would be nice to tell them I'm a PE. :-D

#24 Rebelboilers

Rebelboilers

Intern

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

I just had a very confusing phone conversation with a PA Board secretary. I'm not sure if she was clueless or what. I called at 10:16 today and asked if the Board had released the latest PE exam results. She put me on hold, then replied "No, the Board hasn't received the results yet and so haven't been able to validate and release them." How could they not have received the results?
Anyone else have any insight, this sounds really weird?

#25 JohnHu

JohnHu

Intern

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

I e-mailed a contact at PCS and she doesn't know anything. I also e-mailed the board but I doubt I will hear anything.

#26 razorsk8er

razorsk8er

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

just spoke to PA board, they put me on hold but forgot to hit mute so i could hear the background convo. They are saying there is a glitch with the NCEES program and they can't pull down the results and have tried calling NCEES several times to get it fixed. A lady in the background was complaining that "these people need to stop calling, its not our problem we tried fixing it" so keep up the nagging might actually motivated them to do something.

#27 Rebelboilers

Rebelboilers

Intern

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Wow! Good work razorsk8er, this definitely helps fill in the missing pieces of WTF. I'm glad they forgot to mute the line, now I know to stop checking the NCEES website every hour, cause it now seems like the results won't be up until next week at best since NCEES is on holiday tomorrow and Monday.
This truly sucks!!!

#28 razorsk8er

razorsk8er

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

just spoke to PA board, they put me on hold but forgot to hit mute so i could hear the background convo. They are saying there is a glitch with the NCEES program and they can't pull down the results and have tried calling NCEES several times to get it fixed. A lady in the background was complaining that "these people need to stop calling, its not our problem we tried fixing it" so keep up the nagging might actually motivated them to do something.

Also called PCS, they claim to have sent the results to PA board several times with no luck and now have them posted to "a secure site" (thinking FTP site) that they just need to retrieve it from. I am guessing this is what the lady at the PA board referred to as what their having issues pulling down from. Basically both departments are doing what they do best and blaming the other one for the hold up.

#29 JohnHu

JohnHu

Intern

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

Maybe Santa can go help them.

#30 tdog

tdog

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for the information guys, at least having an idea about what is going on helps with the minute to minute anxiety. Hopefull things are just a few clicks away from finalized. I do empathize with the administrators frustration with the systems that they are working with, but 8 weeks has been a long time to patient. Someone out there knows my score.......but I do not.

#31 razorsk8er

razorsk8er

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for the information guys, at least having an idea about what is going on helps with the minute to minute anxiety. Hopefull things are just a few clicks away from finalized. I do empathize with the administrators frustration with the systems that they are working with, but 8 weeks has been a long time to patient. Someone out there knows my score.......but I do not.

I'm just annoyed that every other state has been successful. How is PA the only one to have issues? The PCS lady said to me as far as she knew every other state has released results at least that they work with.

#32 dom650

dom650

Intern

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

It seems like they just pushed it off to the last possible minute so that now a little glitch will hold them off from even reviewing the results until next week. The FE results aren't out either and they were released 2 weeks ago tomorrow. That has to be the only reason why the glitch isn't fixed yet.

#33 rhorv373

rhorv373

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

So do tell... What was the explanation provided when they finally took you off of "hold"?
Were they actually honest with you?

#34 razorsk8er

razorsk8er

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

So do tell... What was the explanation provided when they finally took you off of "hold"?
Were they actually honest with you?

I called them out on hearing everything they said, some of it was basically them complaining about people calling to complain. End story according to them its PCS's or NCEES's problem that they can't retrieve the records, according to PCS its PA's problem they can't log in and they haven't heard otherwise. Either way i get a "I will let my manager know immediately and we will work this out as soon as possible" Sounds like they're all checked out for the holiday already.

#35 b_fairmount

b_fairmount

Intern

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Discipline:Transportation

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

just called the state board. someone told me it takes 90 days for the state to release the results after they received them? that cant be right. I can see it would take 90 days to get the license but just to get the results??? so frustrating. how hard can it be to just have ncees to post the results on their website?!?

#36 highandtight

highandtight

Intern

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Discipline:Structural

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Looks like next week at the earliest since ncees is on holiday today and Monday. Could PCS/board mail the results prior to them being released on ncees website? Or is it standard operating procedure to post on ncees then mail results? Frustrated in PA.

#37 b_fairmount

b_fairmount

Intern

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Discipline:Transportation

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

just called PCS.. said it wont be till after the holiday. When I asked which one she said we are trying for after christmas but they are unsure. I dont understand why this is so difficult to just post the results. Thats all people want. I dont care about my license number or even what my score is if I failed.

Had a co-worker tell me a story yesterday when he took it 15+ years ago they LOST his scantron sheet and had to retake it along with everyone else that day at the testing site. He finished with "but im sure that didnt happen with you"...thanks coworker.

#38 pacivilstructural

pacivilstructural

Intern

• 41 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

Well guys we can think of it this way - If they were to skip a step and make a security related mistake which would void the results - then we might have to be asked to retake. I would rather wait a couple weeks than do that. So the haste, although really really annoying, might not be the worst thing.

#39 aneesu786

aneesu786

Mechanical Engineer

• 109 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Still no results on the NCEES website for PA. But not minding the wait.... Let me know if anyone receives it, Pass or Fail

#40 car196

car196

car196

• Supporting Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

Does anyone have any current information on the result posting ETA? I was told the PA board gives it to PCS. Then PCS lets NCEES post the results. I am wondering who we are waiting on, PCS or the PA Board.

#41 tdog

tdog

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

I too wonder the status with PCS and NCEES. I recieved this email today from PCS:

"It takes up to 12 weeks from the exam date. I can't tell you when they are going to be released because I don't know. Just keep checking NCEES.org to see if your scores have been released."

The email was from a woman with the title "Egineering Exam Coordinator" and provides little clue as to whether or not PCS has reported to NCEES yet.

#42 aneesu786

aneesu786

Mechanical Engineer

• 109 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

I am guessing that whoever we are waiting on are on vacation. Many people are on break between Christmas and New Years, especially people with seniority in the company or government.

#43 jstaph

jstaph

Intern

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Just an update...spoke with a woman from PCS a few minutes ago. According to her, PCS is waiting for PABoard to authorize them to release the results through your NCEES account. whatever that means. Interpret that how you like. I'll continue banging my head on my desk.

#44 razorsk8er

razorsk8er

Intern

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Spoke with PA board office this morning. PA is saying they finally received the results and that PCS is having an issue that is not allowing them to release results to the people who took the test. Love the back and forth finger pointing that is occurring, not like this is supposed to be a board of PROFESSIONAL engineers that we are all trying to join the ranks of. Does our new stamp come with a government issued pack of red tape to use??

Held for a supervisor, according to her, PA board does not need to validate the results, this is 100% on PCS and the PA board will not do anything to help us. Its out of their hands, please stop calling. What a disgrace.

Edited by razorsk8er, 28 December 2011 - 03:07 PM.

#45 car196

car196

car196

• Supporting Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

I called PCS yesterday and was told repeatedly to "continue to check the NCEES website". No matter what I asked I was given that answer.

#46 pacivilstructural

pacivilstructural

Intern

• 41 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

I called PCS today (Wed) and they said the same thing car196 said, but also added that they will be released 10-14 weeks from exam date. I said what was all that 8-10 week talk? She just repeated 10-14 weeks. I then read the following quote from her (PCS) website:

"Scoring and Reporting
PCS, its partners, and clients transmit all data in an encrypted format to protect the integrity of all examination materials. Transmissions are daily and seamless between each party."

I then asked her to define "seemless"

I am not a jerk so I followed up with, "I know it's not your fault, but ....just admit you guys screwed up and I will stop calling.....ADMIT IT!" haha.

#47 tdog

tdog

Intern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

For what it is worth, I called NCEES and they advised me to call PCS; they indicated that PCS has not released authorization for NCEES to notify the candidates yet.

#48 dom650

dom650

Intern

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

Well, there's clearly a communication issue between the State Board, PCS and NCEES. I'm just unclear on why PCS would tell us to "continue to check the NCEES website" when NCEES says that they've yet to receive authorization from PCS to post the results. This waiting is more a of a nightmare then the exam prep and taking the exam combined. I just hope that after all this nonsense, I don't end up failing and have to deal with this all over :wacko:

#49 paeng21

paeng21

Intern

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

I got an email from the state board saying that the results weren't released yet because PCS was having technical difficulties and any further questions I had PCS should be contacted. I then followed up with PCS and they said they weren't aware of what technical issues the state board referenced and said it takes up to 12 weeks to release results and that PA's results simply are not ready yet.

#50 piudiciani

piudiciani

Intern

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

I feel for you guys. All I can say is I am glad I took it in Ohio.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

=