How many years out of college were you when you got your PE??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mevans154

Project Manager
Reaction score
Let's see how long people have been out of college and/or the age of who has received their PE license??

For me:

20 years out of college - Age 43 - Received PE October 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 20 years out of college from my first degree (humanities), but I went back to school for a second degree (engineering), which I got 10 years ago.

Also 43, also passed the PE in October 2011. Currently waiting for the state to cash my check and issue my P.E. license.

almost 4.5 yrs out of college, passed Oct 2006. SO I would have been 26 at the time

Passed Oct 2011 Electrical Power PE after 5 years out

29 years old Class of '06

33 years. Graduated in Mexico in 1978, I took the FE test in April 2011 and the PE test in October 2011, Thanks God passed both of them the first time.

20 years out of college (age 46 - late starter). Took FE in April of this year (passed) - waiting on PE results.

Finished university in 1996. Took FE Oct 2010 and PE Oct 2011. Passed both first time after hundreds of hours study shoooo! Heart nearly stopped twice-once when I logged onto ncees to get results for FE in '10 and and now PE '11

Back