I just Passed FE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHMED

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have Bachelor degree 2003 in civil engineering from overseas , recently I took the FE exam In Texas and i pass it, I love structural , but all my old experience was in construction I start applying for jobs , but nobody call me ,so I feel disappointed now , any body has idea which way i have to follow next, sometimes i am thinking to take PE ,or learning more design skills and software, sometimes I say let me apply  for master..any Suggestion, idea , please

Hello guys,

I have Bachelor degree 2003 in civil engineering from overseas , recently I took the FE exam In Texas and i pass it, I love structural , but all my old experience was in construction 
I would say apply for any and all jobs that you think you can get. Even if you have to start at a construction firm doing what you did before that would be a step in the right direction. If your goal is to work in the US this experience will help you understand construction techniques, codes, typical details and procedures that will benefit you in the future.

In the meantime keep applying for your dream job and in a year or two if you still don't get it go for your masters. 

That would be my recommendation (as a STR engineer who reads resumes and interviews candidates) but I am sure there are other people that were in your shoes and may have personal experience with this topic. 

Either way good luck!

I agree with SE_FL. Take a job you can get while still applying for the position you want. With your experience you can probably obtain a job with a GC fairly easily and this is actually great experience to carry over to structural engineering design/analysis work. It was the route I took. Many times throughout the week I rely on "does this make sense visually" to get me through designs. Numbers may work but if it can't be built efficiently there is no point. I wouldn't focus on a masters unless you have a scholarship or can get a job to sponsor some of the cost. I don't feel personally a master's pays for itself in time and cost unless you don't have to pay for majority of cost or you only care about the education benefits.

Hi, how long did you prepare for the FE exam? Is there any experience to share ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, how long did you prepare for the FE exam? Is there any experience to share ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a good thread here.

But there is also an entire section for FE questions. 

Back