April 2012 CA-Survey Exam cancelled statewide?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
My friend who was supposed to take the exam at the Pomona site said they cancelled the exam! What a nightmare. They told him it was statewide. Is this true? Did other test locations cancel as well? Rumor has it that the exam booklets had a Survey cover but a Seismic exam inside. That's terrible.

Is very sad frustrating and very true. Everybody was sited when they called proctors to bring the booklets, and then they called to return booklets…and the game was over

I couldn't believe when they said its canceled!!!!! I hope it's not rescheduled for oct. It better be within next month otherwise you will have to re-study everything!!!! How frustrating. I hope the person who screwed up gets punished somehow.

I was at the San mateo site and ours was cancelled as well. Same explaination that the survey exam actually had seismic questions. My copy looked OK (at least the first question)

Pomona is cancelled! they told me it is statewide. does anybody know why??

If they are not going to reschedule again very very quick, I mean within few weeks or a month is exactly like if you would fail...need to study again and go through the whole hassle

http://www.pels.ca.gov/

• ANNOUNCED APRIL 12, 2012 - The April 12, 2012 State Civil Engineering Surveying examination has been canceled due to security issues. All candidates will be contacted by the Board as soon as possible to reschedule. We apologize for any inconvenience.

All the examinees in my hall had seismic exam inside the exam book instead of surveying

Saying that it's a security issue makes it sound like there was an attempt to leak the exam. But from what I understood it was a printing issue.

Someone messed up.

They're calling it a security issue?? That notice they gave on their website is the exact type of notice I would expect from the board. Very little detail with no acknowledgment of fault.

Someone didn't verify the distribution of the correct books!

It was cancelled thirty minutes into the exam in Visalia. If it is a printing error they should be honest and not lie about it. The truth will come out.

How loud was the uproar at the various exam sites?

Please send message or letter to Board to reschedule it ASAP...hopefully sometime next week. So that whoever prepared well for the exam will be less effected.

At the Bay Area site it was cancelled less than a minute into the exam when a large number of candidates opened their books and found seismic problems inside. It took them about 20 minutes to tell us that they were cancelling the exam and that they'd tell us what was going to happen next at some other time. I felt bad for the guy sitting next to me who flew in from OK.

Would be GREAT and amazing to be next week but just think about that they need to reprint again let everybody know about the changes, so I really doubt is gonna happen. I am still gonna be happy if it will be reschedule within a month or so. Good luck and please CAPELS hurry up!!!

Pomona is cancelled! they told me it is statewide. does anybody know why??
Did you read post #1 and #4 above yours?

All the examinees in my hall had seismic exam inside the exam book instead of surveying
Care to share where your exam site was?

Saying that it's a security issue makes it sound like there was an attempt to leak the exam. But from what I understood it was a printing issue.

Someone messed up.
I guess one could argue that if an examinee saw the material of a test he/she wasn't taking, there was a "breach". I'm just joking. You're right. This mistake is inexcusable.

It was cancelled thirty minutes into the exam in Visalia. If it is a printing error they should be honest and not lie about it. The truth will come out.
30 minutes in? That's rough! I assume everyone at your site had Survey exams if you were 30 minutes in? Now they have to throw out all of those questions and come up with 50 more for the reschedule. Ouch.

http://www.pels.ca.gov/

The board website mentions that we will be contacted for a reschedule.
Echo echo echo............ ;)

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=18906&st=0&p=6948020entry6948020

Back