Board Software "update" - Page 3 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Board Software "update"

27 minutes ago, jean15paul_PE said:

You should be able to zoom in. If you can't go to Chrome settings, Accessibility, and select Force Enable Zoom. 

I just leave that on all the time so I can always zoom in whether the site allows it or not.

I can zoom and do because I've got awful vision. But it's still annoying.

The old site layout was def more mobile friendly 

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL! Sometimes I just need to laugh at these Google ads!

via Gfycat

okay let me know if the icons no longer work for any of you all?   here and the mobile version?

Posted Images

so for us iphone users they are spending more time on the app than making the mobile version better, but also there have been almost daily new patches to install to fix some of these, I was going to wait until the weekend to do them since they seem to find new stuff every day...

• Like 1

I got an email that the app was approved - I still dont see it for iphone but if anyone wants to check it out on the old google sucks platform I would appreciate it!

5 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

I got an email that the app was approved - I still dont see it for iphone but if anyone wants to check it out on the old google sucks platform I would appreciate it!

It's there for Android.

Screenshot_20200901-104951.png

I can't log in to engineer boards from the app. It's giving me an error, but that could just be because it just got approved. I will continue trying every once in a while.

9 minutes ago, Road Guy said:

thanks!  for the screen shot..

sorry this is annoying!  I dont think they were ready to roll it out 

No problem, it's a work in progress 😀

• 2 weeks later...

So on another forum I use, they use Invision and they have a menu button above the menu bar:

Screenshot_20200914-184334.thumb.png.60a81f39470fa50a68cdc915016fdbea.png

It seems like there's whitespace for it here on EB, but for some reason it's missing.

EB looks weird to me on latest version of Chrome on my updated Macbook laptop...

The icons at the top of the screen don't show up properly:

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.10.45 AM.png

Also, the icons under people's usernames don't appear correctly:

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.12.33 AM.png

• Like 1
1 minute ago, leggo PE said:

EB looks weird to me on latest version of Chrome on my updated Macbook laptop...

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Sometimes that helps with image issues (on other web sites, I don't know for sure if it will work for EB)

Edited by ChebyshevII PE
31 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Sometimes that helps with image issues (on other web sites, I don't know for sure if it will work for EB)

Just did and it didn't seem to help. Shucks.

34 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I have this same issue.

What I've noticed is that all the browsers that accessed EB before the update were fine for me, but the browsers that I never use (safari) didn't have the icons. I believe the icons were cached by the browsers I frequently used before the update, and the new browsers I tried cannot access the resources for the icons.

I also confirmed this by opening an "incognito" tab in chrome on a known good browser (where the icons were not missing) and the icons were not displayed. That's because incognito mode does not used cached resources.

Seems like clearing the cache would just lose any resources that were previously downloaded before the update and will not fix missing icons.

Edited by Chattaneer PE
  • Like 1

@Road Guy I did some digging around and it appears some of the icons Invision is using are from font-awesome fonts. In the case below, this missing icon has the class fa-caret-down.

1311670976_ScreenShot2020-09-21at2_49_44PM.thumb.png.1dfe72a658cd04255b580dca3e91c202.png

I checked the chrome console and confirmed the font-awesome fonts resource failed to download.

354517412_ScreenShot2020-09-21at2_50_07PM.thumb.png.0f03621687bcfcc5a1ff07b303f453e8.png

My first guess is that the fontawesome-webfont resource is https, and engineerboards.com is http. It could be an issue with cross-origin resources. Might be a question for IC support.

• Like 2

I've been using Chrome for EB access pretty much exclusively, either on my phone and my laptop. Now that I just went and checked on my phone, same issue there!

Just now, Chattaneer PE said:

@Road Guy I did some digging around and it appears some of the icons Invision is using are from font-awesome fonts. In the case below, this missing icon has the class fa-caret-down.

1311670976_ScreenShot2020-09-21at2_49_44PM.thumb.png.1dfe72a658cd04255b580dca3e91c202.png

I checked the chrome console and confirmed the font-awesome fonts resource failed to download.

354517412_ScreenShot2020-09-21at2_50_07PM.thumb.png.0f03621687bcfcc5a1ff07b303f453e8.png

My first guess is that the fontawesome-webfont resource is https, and engineerboards.com is http. It could be an issue with cross-origin resources. Might be a question for IC support.

Nice! @Road Guy come take a looksee!

Careful though, Chatt, RG might have you buying EB.com before you know it!

I had icons on my phone (when I switched to desktop version) after the update but I did notice over the weekend that icons where missing.

I don't really check EB much since the update on my phone since it's less mobile friendly. Which means I'm missing out and messing up in maf lol 

• Like 1

Ok thanks, submitting a help ticket!

Due to the "size" of the board (which I dont think its where it was 5 years ago) I cant even manage most of those settings myself, I have to submit a help ticket, some type of could platform.

Has anyone else tried the android app? does it still suck?

16 hours ago, LyceeFruit PE said:

I don't really check EB much since the update on my phone since it's less mobile friendly. Which means I'm missing out and messing up in maf lol 

Ditto.  I don't feel like downloading an app just to go on EB (no matter how much I like just checking things out), and it's super clunky on the mobile version of the webpage that it's actually difficult to navigate.  I have to double click/tap a bunch to get through and then the word formatting is usually off.