CA surveying exam results January 2020 - Page 3 - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

CA surveying exam results January 2020


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I passed seismic too!! I’m done

Passed, got worried for a bit since I realized I used ASCE7-10 for the exam LOL. Congrats everyone who passed!

Just received my seismic as well. Passed! 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Fierious said:

The seismic design ground motion values are different with the new code. 

Yea you are right. But I only recall 2 maybe 3 problems that utilized Fa and Fv, most of the problems had SDS provided. I could be wrong tho

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone here also still studying for seismic in the meantime? I was hoping to pass survey first as a confidence boost. At this point, it is just hard to focus on studying until the results are out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mystori said:

Is anyone here also still studying for seismic in the meantime? I was hoping to pass survey first as a confidence boost. At this point, it is just hard to focus on studying until the results are out.

I am! I've never dealt with seismic before so I knew I would need time in between surveying and seismic to study. But if I don't pass surveying, my motivation to study for seismic is going to go down the toilet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ChargerMan34 said:

For those of you studying for seismic, buy the Hiner book and study it cover to cover. It covers everything you need and prepares you well. Should be all you need

I was so torn when figuring out which reference manual to get. I ended up going with the EET manual, and have heard a lot of good things about it. 

It's all new to me, so I guess I won't even know if anything is missing from the book until I get to the test and it's too late. 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, plainjane said:

I was so torn when figuring out which reference manual to get. I ended up going with the EET manual, and have heard a lot of good things about it. 

It's all new to me, so I guess I won't even know if anything is missing from the book until I get to the test and it's too late. 😃

I used EET for the 8 hr exam and it was great, so I'm sure their Seismic material is top notch as well

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, plainjane said:

I was so torn when figuring out which reference manual to get. I ended up going with the EET manual, and have heard a lot of good things about it. 

It's all new to me, so I guess I won't even know if anything is missing from the book until I get to the test and it's too late. 😃

I used EET for seismic, and don't want to speak too soon since I'm still waiting for the results but I do highly recommend the course. Everything in it was new to me and he does a great job of breaking down all the topics. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wooomp said:

This guy has an online seismic class. 

 

Man, this guy teaches prestressed concrete at UCLA and was one of my favorite teacher back then! He flies his private cesna plane from Obispo to LA to teach the course haha good memories

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, qinjx said:

Man, this guy teaches prestressed concrete at UCLA and was one of my favorite teacher back then! He flies his private cesna plane from Obispo to LA to teach the course haha good memories

He used to teach at UCLA but since 2018 he stopped. I wanted to take his class but unfortunately was not able to. But his online videos are excellent for prestressed.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spoke with my evaluator to ask if there was any other paperwork needed on my end and then asked about the surveying results.  She said they are working on them now and results are forthcoming...I'm guessing today or Tuesday if it spills over.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...