New Jersey Discussion Thread - OCT 2019 - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

New Jersey Discussion Thread

Still nothing on my end but I think that was like day 2 or 3 that people started seeing the checklist change last time. It's best to just wait for the email or you're going to drive yourself crazy. I'm waiting on my results for the 2nd time and last time I kept telling myself it would happen earlier than previous tests but it was still day 5 haha. NJ is the worst. Good luck!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, keepinitCIVIL said:

Still nothing on my end but I think that was like day 2 or 3 that people started seeing the checklist change last time. It's best to just wait for the email or you're going to drive yourself crazy. I'm waiting on my results for the 2nd time and last time I kept telling myself it would happen earlier than previous tests but it was still day 5 haha. NJ is the worst. Good luck!

I'm with you. I don't think anything will show up on NCEES until early next week. At the very least we can commiserate.

Just now, apersich3092 said:

No changes here. In fact my checklist still lists passing the FE as unchecked so I'm not sure how reliable it is 🙄

Same here. I sent in all my letters of reccommendation, my passport photo, legit everything on that list and not even half are checked.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, keepinitCIVIL said:

Fair enough. What exam did you take and how do you think you did?

I took the Civil Transportation exam in Ewing. I don't want to jinx it, but with a little luck I feel like I did enough to pass. Only had to completely guess on about 3 questions.

How about you?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, PoliteSociety said:

I took the Civil Transportation exam in Ewing. I don't want to jinx it, but with a little luck I feel like I did enough to pass. Only had to completely guess on about 3 questions.

How about you?

I took structural. Also in Ewing! But yeah last time I knew I failed the second I walked out. This time (also don't want to Jynx myself) I walked out feeling pretty confident.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I would recommend looking at the previous NJ release threads. I believe there is a potential backdoor way to learn if you passed.

What you're thinking of is the license login checklist that we're referring to. Thanks for the heads up though. Newcomers to the thread might not understand what we're talking about.

A fire extinguisher would be super helpful for the dumpster fire that NJ results usually are, so if anyone has an extra hanging around...

4SVSV63XAAYRZPLDB7ZOMNMY7Q.gif

• Haha 1

My colleague took the exam from NJ board last year he got the result 3/4 days later after everyone else. I could see what he went through. Ultimately he passed but even we felt bad for him on those extra waiting days.NJ is the shittiest board ever. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, TImbersauce said:

Got my results and passed! Do any of you know where we have to go to get the NJ P.E. License on the NJ division of Consumer Affairs?

From what I understand, the board needs to approve all the licenses first and then they will send you a license activation form. You pay another $80 to activate your license and then you should have your license. So, a little more waiting to get the official license but the worst part is over! Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...