Movie thread - Page 159 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Movie thread

I gave up on blue ray to be honest - but I did buy 4 DVD players w/hdmi from the wal mart for the apocalypse..

Seems like they don’t make many blue rays since everything went digital?

I think some movies I’d pay to go see on the big screen - most all of the Star Wars ones to be honest, gladiator is another one that would be cool to see on the big screen....

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, for those of you not on "the Facebook", I made my big screen debut.  I don't remember even hearing about it being in theatres besides some film festivals, but I was an extra in "My Days of Mercy".

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So, “Bill and Ted Face the Music”....what a train wreck. Of course, that’s not really saying a whole lot considering the first two. I’ve got to assume that Alex Winter was desperate for cash and had some compromising photos of Keanu.

I was forced by the females in family to pay the $29.99 for Mulan.

We have the original on bluray and would have been so much better off just watching that. The new one has great cinematography, but is ultimately pretty lifeless. Typical Disney remake. I'd say totally not worth thirty bucks, but we probably would have spent more than that to reach the same conclusion if it was in the theaters.

1.5 stars out of 5.

I am sure that Disney made certain not to show China in a negative view.

for free we (my 19 year old and 17 year old)watched an officer and a gentleman -  I must have been watching the TNT version the last 20 years cause it straight up had way way more sex and nudity than I recall- 

I don’t think I had ever seen the original opening with his dad in bed with two chics....

ughh that was weird... 

LOL I remember seeing that on VHS with my parents probably when I was about the same age, and being very uncomfortable. 

It was “Animal House” for me. We weren’t allowed to see it with the grown-ups when I was a kid and I could never figure out why because the only version I’d ever seen when I was older was the TV version. Finally ended up watching the uncut version and saw why....

• 2 weeks later...

I watched one of the most F'd up movies I have seen in a long time.. Crash (1996) It has James Spader and Holly Hunter but basically a group of people who get off on crash scenes (literally they drive by crash scenese and then get it on) and then they re-enact famous crash scenes and then have more sex, very weird, even for me..

On 8/13/2020 at 12:48 PM, leggo PE said:

Another 90's movie I'd never seen... We watched Starship Troopers last night (on Netflix). It was ridiculous! Pretty funny satire on the whole military industrial complex.

Also, was surprised to see younger versions of a few actors... Those being the brother-in-law from Breaking Bad, Neil Patrick Harris, and then they guy who was the evil dude trying to kill Arnold in Total Recall.

I'm very late to this post, but the barren planet they fight the bugs on is in the middle of WY!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Road Guy said:

I watched one of the most F'd up movies I have seen in a long time.. Crash (1996) It has James Spader and Holly Hunter but basically a group of people who get off on crash scenes (literally they drive by crash scenese and then get it on) and then they re-enact famous crash scenes and then have more sex, very weird, even for me..

If you’ve never seen it, check out Harold and Maude (1971)  for weird.

• 2 weeks later...

So I did absolutely nothing this weekend, but for whatever reaosn I caught some "Brat Pack" movies..

St Elmos Fire - That ending scene always gets me for some reason

About Last Night - I had actually never watched this movie before in its entirity, I guess its trying to show how hard it is to find love at a young age, but I think this was a pretty bad movie. C-

We just watched the original Bladerunner and then Bladerunner 2049 (the former is on Netflix and the latter we rented through Xfinity), and I enjoyed both... Question, do you think Deckerd a Replicant?

Also, while Bladerunner 2049 was pretty good, it really was just a 2.5 hour long movie about Ryan Gosling having the same look on his face the entire time.

Take that as you will!

• Haha 1

We watched Hustlers last night, it was better than I was expecting to be honest.  Although I am not sure I concur with the story line about resorting to  criminal activity because you were butt hurt that the economy tanked resulting in less people coming to the strip club, causing you to take it out on the people who cant afford to pay for (illegal) trips to the champagne room?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Road Guy said:

Is that the one with J Lo or the heavy chic from Pitch Perfect?

The one with J Lo.

You are thinking of "The Hustle" with Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson. I didn't think The Hustle was that bad of a movie. It didn't do very well on Rotten Tomatoes though. It apparently was based on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, but that was already based on another movie so at some point you have to be beating a dead horse if not done properly.

Anyway back to Hustlers.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched "A Knights Tale" last night (instead of watching Football) I dont know how I never saw this movie before but it was really good (although a tad hokie)

But in the move you also have:

Rober Baratheon

Vison

The Funny Robot from Rogue One

Albiet sad to see Heath Ledger before his death

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Road Guy said:

Watched "A Knights Tale" last night (instead of watching Football) I dont know how I never saw this movie before but it was really good (although a tad hokie)

But in the move you also have:

Rober Baratheon

Vison

The Funny Robot from Rogue One (K2-SO4)

Albiet sad to see Heath Ledger before his death

Love that move! It had quite the cast! Also Lydia from Breaking Bad.