Work from Home People / Self Employed are they a cult?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that is one of the few products we have bought (bag for kids) Id have to say they at least hold up, I think we bought some out of quilt back home and the wife and daughter still have these lunch bags they still use..

The one that really annoys me is the Juice Plus. Here take this pill and be skinny and healthy!!!!!

My wife sells Rodan and Fields.  

She used the product herself and really enjoyed it (it is similar price to other face care stuff) and thought she would help other people.  My wife has sold B2B and B2C before so selling isn't new but this is just different.  The push is to recruit others, not push product honestly.  A girl that started with her hasn't sold anything but already received a free trip and other goodies by just recruiting others.  That part isn't my wife's strong suit and I'm ready for her to just stop.  

Just like all pyramids, get in early, hope it catches on, profit.  Some girls locally make over 100k a year, not selling the product, but "managing" the people under them.  Like Xerxes 

A high school friend was on facebook selling her ViaONEHope wine and she said, "I just need to sell 100 more bottles and I get a free trip to Mexico!" It was $2400 worth of shitty wine she needed to move and she did it. That's basically guilting your friends into paying for your vacation. How is that okay? 

The latest one I've encountered is a thing called a Bemer.  It's being marketed as an electromagnetic field therapy machine to improve blood circulation.  The **** thing costs $6k.  My wife got invited to a presentation by a friend at church and I tagged along 'cause my BS detector was going off and I was curious. 

The presentation was a lot of "We can't tell you some of the great things it does because we're waiting for FDA approval.  However, if we could tell you, you would be astonished."  Pretty slick presentation until the guy said you could store "energy" (he couldn't specify which type) in a pitcher of water by setting on the Bemer pad for a few minutes.  They also claimed that it wasn't a MLM scheme and then went on to diagram a MLM scheme.  Everybody in the room (about 50 people) were pretty much eating this stuff up.  I just watched quietly and kept my mouth shut so as not to hurt any feelings or anger the wife.

I swear the logic they are using is that they wouldn't be charging that much for something that didn't work. 

Some of the women in the hash "running" club were into selling sex toys and had parties.. Never went to one though. 

Some of the women in the hash "running" club were into selling sex toys and had parties.. Never went to one though. 
My wife went to one of those. She didn't buy anything (that I know of).

I went to one in college.  Was the only guy there.  Mood in the room really changed when everyone else was a few drinks deep.  Good times.

I've been invited to a few of those and they always tell you, "There's normal stuff, like sheet sprays!" 

1. Anything floral makes me sneeze.

2. I'm married. I don't need to freshen the sheets to get him in the mood. 

3. You guys aren't going to be demoing the sheet spray. It's going to be the ThunderStick3000 all booted up and roaring as everyone giggles and the "consultant" tries to talk over all of that. 

Back