Wilbur Smith or Stantec?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had a choice of working at either of these firms, which would you pick?

• Stantec Consulting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wilbur Smith Associates

• Kimley-Horn Associates

• Parsons Brinkerhoff

• Total voters

SE PE 2B

Reaction score
Just curious, don't have any offers from any of them/

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your area of expertise and how does that compare with the job openings at each? How does your personality fit in with those you would be working with? How do the company offices compare to where you live (commute times) and is that an issue? How do the benefits packages compare?

Too many variables for me to answer.

Stantec is the former Secor, they have some offices that are really doing bad right now. Make sure they have a good contract/client to work for. If its oil company work (which is alot of what they do) I would pass if possible, it very likely not to last too long.

Parsons is going great guns right now so they probably are solid

SE PE 2B,

The problem here is that I can list pros and cons for each company you listed. I think geography + working area are going to dictate where you want to work.

Something else to consider - just because a company office is performing well in one geographic area (or working area) doesn't mean the same holds true throughout. When I was researching companies I found this out to be the case quite quickly.

Best of luck in your job search.

JR

Back