WI PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll start a new trend...FAILED. EE-Electronics. Congrats to everyone who passed!

Anyone know of a good refresher course for the October test? Obviously studying on my own didn't cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll start a new trend...FAILED. EE-Electronics. Congrats to everyone who passed!
Anyone know of a good refresher course for the October test? Obviously studying on my own didn't cut it.
When I was looking for refresher courses for the mechanical exam, I had trouble finding anything other than this board! Suggestions for in-person courses to look would be UW-Madison, MSOE, and UW-Milwaukee. Depending on how close you are, Chicago may have something also.

What worked best for me was to have a study partner to help hold me accountable to doing the homework and studying I said I was going to do and also someone to work with so we could help teach each other. Use this board to look for someone nearby who is doing electrical that you may be able to work with!

Focus and work hard and you'll get it next time! :)

So for those who passed and turned in their update forms to the state...any guess on when we'll actually get our license numbers issued?

I turned my update sheet in on Friday, 6/25...online it said it could take up to 15 business days...so it's waiting period #3 (application approval, exam results, and now the license!)...but at least this one is the least stressful of all - I'd just say more anxious than anything else :)

I'm not sure when we'll actually get license numbers. Unfortunately for me, I need the score of my FE exam sent to WI from Michigan which they estimate takes 4 weeks and $15 to have done. I think I have some waiting to do.

When I was looking for refresher courses for the mechanical exam, I had trouble finding anything other than this board! Suggestions for in-person courses to look would be UW-Madison, MSOE, and UW-Milwaukee. Depending on how close you are, Chicago may have something also.

What worked best for me was to have a study partner to help hold me accountable to doing the homework and studying I said I was going to do and also someone to work with so we could help teach each other. Use this board to look for someone nearby who is doing electrical that you may be able to work with!

Focus and work hard and you'll get it next time! :)
I'm in west-central wisconsin. None of the UW's within reasonable driving distance offer anything. The U of M has one in Minneapolis, which would still be a 2 hour drive for me. But I can handle that if necessary. I've looked some other universities beyond WI, and anything that might work is either catered to the Power discipline, or they don't offer a distance learning option. Yes, EB.com is awesome, but based on my diagnostic report I think I'm going to need more help than studying on my own will provide.

Thanks for the kind words, guess I need to try harder!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my application status has been updated with the passing test score, all requirements have now been met. We're that much closer to a license number.

I got my PE number issued today, website said to expect the official certificate in about 10 days - a great feeling for sure!

7 business days from when I turned in the supplemental form to getting the license issued...not too bad overall (and way better than that first wait as well!).

Back