Why People Don't Use Mass Transit

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I was on a mass transit bus like this was in Chicago, on my senior trip. None of us backwoods rednecks knew what to do, including my principal. I don't know what we said, or did wrong, but I do remember the front part of the bus and driver laughed at us for doing something wrong. That was a lifetime ago...

X routes are the "express" versions of that route. Fewer stops, and doesn't go the full length of the full route.

Yeah I finally learned that. But I think the only way to learn a transit system is to actually ride it because none of the maps, website makes any sense until you actually get on it and use the thing

in college the mass transit for the area was amazing. When I was living in the dorms and the fire alarms that went off in the middle of the night, we would jump on the first bus that came by and ride the entire circuit. Nice warm bus vs standing outside in the cold in your PJs. If everyone was still standing outside we would ride the route again.

Yeah I finally learned that. But I think the only way to learn a transit system is to actually ride it because none of the maps, website makes any sense until you actually get on it and use the thing
There's a 2nd way to learn the system: work for the transit agency.

Back