Which States Release Scores?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he asking who releases actual scores. I think Texas is the only one. Everyone else is P/F. Seems like VA used to but quit. Texas has it in their law or something. there have been a lot of threads here in the past about that and what the score actually means. It's not a percentage. I think they call it a scale score. since the cut score is different for all the exams they call whatever the cut score is "70".

That's exactly what I meant. I guess its best not to know, I remember before 2009, people who failed the FE by 1 point. I'm sure that sucked royally!

I think he asking who releases actual scores. I think Texas is the only one. Everyone else is P/F. Seems like VA used to but quit. Texas has it in their law or something. there have been a lot of threads here in the past about that and what the score actually means. It's not a percentage. I think they call it a scale score. since the cut score is different for all the exams they call whatever the cut score is "70".

I have passed PE mechanical HVAC exam in Delaware. I just got information from NCEES this morning. The conclusion message only displayed with pass or fail without any score.

Back