What's your preferred meeting tool?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Video...

• No, but I use it anyways

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes, and I love it

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, and good riddance

• Yes, and it's the worst

• Total voters

Titleistguy

Reaction score
Just curious... 

Been using webex for ever, had to learn Skype and finally got good with it, then had to switch to Teams. 

So those first few weeks from home, I was still getting ready, doing my hair and all that... After a couple months... Now if my first call is at 8a, I'll roll outta bed at 755a and shuffle my feet half awake down the hallway into my office... All this was going fine until the teams switch. 

When we switch to teams, I certainly wast getting ready anymore, and I go to log in and assumed that video defaulted to off.... Oh was I wrong.... I call in, and sure enough I see my face on the computer screen, with my hair just a hot mess, wearing a shirt that says cuddle monster and wearing a robe with the hood partially up... It would have been awful if not for being so ridiculous, everyone had a good hard laugh watching me try and scramble to find the setting to turn off video...

Last edited by a moderator:
We were using Cisco Jabber (ew), then quickly switched to Teams. As long as I know the meeting is video, I'm fine - heck, I am pretty low maintenance anyway, so as long as it is an internal meeting and not with a client, they know I'm gonna be a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious... 

Been using webex for ever, had to learn Skype and finally got good with it, then had to switch to Teams. 

So those first few weeks from home, I was still getting ready, doing my hair and all that... After a couple months... Now if my first call is at 8a, I'll roll outta bed at 755a and shuffle my feet half awake down the hallway into my office... All this was going fine until the teams switch. 

When we switch to teams, I certainly wast getting ready anymore, and I go to log in and assumed that video defaulted to off.... Oh was I wrong.... I call in, and sure enough I see my face on the computer screen, with my hair just a hot mess, wearing a shirt that says cuddle monster and wearing a robe with the hood partially up... It would have been awful if not for being so ridiculous, everyone had a good hard laugh watching me try and scramble to find the setting to turn off video...
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

y u no include zoom? you can change the background! AND THERES A FILTER 

but my work desktop doesn't have a webcam so nobody gets to see my lovely face anymore 

Back