What kind of car do you own?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current:
2006 Trailblazer SS

May152008008.jpg
I just test drove an '08 TB SS during my lunch break. It has 19,000 miles on it, Black w/ leather, Magnaflow exhaust.

all I can say is [SIZE=24pt]WOW[/SIZE].

First Car: 1980 Plymouth Champ (Mirthmobile-worthy)

Graduated High School: Bought a 1990 Corolla

Graduated College: 2002 S-10 ZR2

Traded S10 on a 2005 4Runner

Traded 4Runner on 09 Camry XLE

Traded wife's 03 Wrangler on an 08 4Runner

2002 Audi TT

trying to sell it though for a brand new Nissan Murano that we've been trying to buy since March. cant sell it and cant buy it so still have it.

past cars include a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and a 1993 Cavalier Convertible

We drive 'em 'til they die

Current:

04 Chevy Malibu Maxx (hatchback) - the commuter car with giant back seat (mostly mine)

08 Honda Odyssey - our comfy ride (mostly his)

Prior:

97 Dodge Caravan -- the first identity crisis car, just after getting our first mini-person

92 Acura Integra RL 2 door hatch -- hit 200K -- mini back seat - I bought it at auction while hubby parked.

Brought to marriage:

88 Acura Integra 5 door hatch (mine) -- ideal for my life then

?? Izuzu PUP (DH's first car) -- worst ever -- you had to remove the front wheel to change the oil filter :true: He routinely danced the "I hate Izuzu" dance which went something like this: :wacko: :reading: the repair manual :blink: :brickwall: then a really creative way through (he's a good mechanic...)

My first car:

83 Toyota Celica liftback -- very fun car

My dad just offered us his 1983 Porsche 928 - it's that gorgeous black/green color with a touch of metallic.....only catch? It needs a new tranny--or I'd jump at it....

We drive 'em 'til they die
Current:

04 Chevy Malibu Maxx (hatchback) - the commuter car with giant back seat (mostly mine)

08 Honda Odyssey - our comfy ride (mostly his)

Prior:

97 Dodge Caravan -- the first identity crisis car, just after getting our first mini-person

92 Acura Integra RL 2 door hatch -- hit 200K -- mini back seat - I bought it at auction while hubby parked.

Brought to marriage:

88 Acura Integra 5 door hatch (mine) -- ideal for my life then

?? Izuzu PUP (DH's first car) -- worst ever -- you had to remove the front wheel to change the oil filter :true: He routinely danced the "I hate Izuzu" dance which went something like this: :wacko: :reading: the repair manual :blink: :brickwall: then a really creative way through (he's a good mechanic...)

My first car:

83 Toyota Celica liftback -- very fun car

My dad just offered us his 1983 Porsche 928 - it's that gorgeous black/green color with a touch of metallic.....only catch? It needs a new tranny--or I'd jump at it....
wha?

Assuming the Porsche is in otherwise great shape and I had the money for the repair, I think I'd be worth it to put a brand new transmission into the free car.

928s and 944s are very costly to repair in the tranny department. I've heard horror stories about 928 clutch replacement.

But those pale beside clutch tales I've heard on front engine Lamborghinis.

I currently own a 99 Saturn SC2.

Back when Saturn wasn't owned by GM. This car is like the little engine that could and just keeps on running. Which is great because with the economy how it is I don't feel like getting a newer one (i don't buy brand new).

Sorry I wasn't clear -- but that Izuzu was a complete and total nightmare. All you need to know is don't buy one; don't accept one as a gift.

We're gonna let the 928 sit in my parents' driveway -- it's too much project (and money) for right now....

Sometimes people throw junkyard transmissions in cars like you've described. Its a gamble but you might get several years out of it.

I currently own a 99 Saturn SC2.
Back when Saturn wasn't owned by GM. This car is like the little engine that could and just keeps on running. Which is great because with the economy how it is I don't feel like getting a newer one (i don't buy brand new).
Huh?

Current:

2005 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab

2005 Chevy Suburban

Previous:

2006 Chevy Avalanche Z66

2000 GMC Truck Ext Cab

1999 Chevy Z28

1993 Chevy Caprice

1993 Lincoln Town Car

See a trend? I'm gonna break it. Chevy=Bailout. My next truck will be a Ford, hopefully next year.

Current:

'09 Honda Fit

'04 Chevy Corvette Z06

Past:

'02 Honda RC51 RVT1000R (Bike)

'01 Yamaha YZF-R1

'00 Honda XR-650R

'94 Chevy C1500

'91 CBR600

'68 Mercury Cougar XR-7

Z06 is the best car I've ever had, or had the privilege of driving. Scary fast, very reliable (daily drove for 3 years, one battery went bad), and gets 28mpg. Would only trade for a new ZR1, or German or Japanese AWD with 450+hp (911 or GTR).

R1 was my fave motorcycle of all time, put 40k miles on it in 2 years, made me cry when an old lady killed it by ramming me.

Well.....I will TRY to list them all in order

Current : 1991 Honda Prelude <-- Loaned this to my brother 2 years ago, and haven't driven it since!

2005 Ford F-150 4x4

2007 Ford Mustang GT

1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS (Clone) 454!

2000 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide

Past : 1973 Ford Econoline Van!

1979 Ford Mustang

1979 Chevy Camaro Z28

1984 Ford Thunderbird Turbo-Coupe

1985 Ford F-150 4x4

1985 Ford Thunderbird Turbo-Coupe

1987 Chevy Iroc Camaro

1988 Honda Prelude

1989 Ford Bronco II

1995 Ford F-150 4x4 Lariat 4" Lift 36" tires

1997 Ford F-150 4x4 XLT

1995 Ford Mustang GT

1999 Ford F-150 4x4 Lariat

1996 Chevy Silverado 4x4

1999 GMC 2500 4x4

2001 Ford F-250 4x4 XLT 3" Leveling kit 35" tires

2002 Ford F-250 4x4 4 door, Long bed 6" lift, 38" tires, Diesel.....a BEAST!

2003 Ford Escape (Wife is taking this when she LEAVES!)

2006 Ford Mustang GT (Wife is taking this too when she LEAVES!)

Does ANYONE read "Redneck" in that list?

SapperPE said:
El Cid: Where in Richmond are you? I live in Bon Air, southside. If I am to understand your signature line correctly, your school didn't win the Silver Shako in 1995. I happen to have a picture of me wearing the Silver Shako with my chin in that year. Oh, and my roommate stole your bulldog in 1999. We had to give it back though.
That Bulldog is made of brass donated by the classmates of a father/son alumni pair that were KIA just so you know.

I am not too far from you, Walton Park. I was a knob during the fall of 1999 so your roommate must have taken the bulldog that spring. The silver shako is mounted though so I don't know how you wore it. We have a more hated football rival now, Princeton and their disrespectful marching band who desecrated our Avenue of Remembrance. You guys also stole the pass and review jeep my Second Class year so we hatched the ultimate plot: The theft of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. We had OP Orders and detailed plans then the Professor of Military Science found out; that was the end of that.

My clame to fame as a knob: The First Captain was a guest of the F-Troop Company Commander over Homecoming weekend. My mess carver sent me on a suicide mission to take out this guy's shoes. So I managed to low crawl across the mess hall and dump and entire ketchup bottle on the First Captain's shoes without getting caught. I made it back to my mess and I was allowed to have syrup on the pancake for the first time since August along with the rest of the mess. The F-Troop Commander tried to find me for a week but for some reason my squad leader was in a good mood and never let him near me. Those were the days.

PM and I will give you my personal email.

Back