What happened to the Yard Sale page?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

general lee

Reaction score
I went to the Yard Sale link the other day to update my "for sale" list, but all of the post are gone? I messaged one of the Mods but have received no response. Anybody else know what's going on with that page?

I hope they can recover all of the ads that were previously posted there.

The yardsale forum got axed because too many people were posting sales for photocopied textbooks (copyright infringement stuff). I believe it was all consolidated to the "classified" section to ease in the moderation of the posts.

Anyway to retrieve old post from the Yard Sale? Unfortunately I didn't save my old yard sale post that had all of the detailed info regarding the books I was trying to sell (ISBN's, price, links to the newer version of the books, etc.).

I couldn't find my Yard Sale post in my profile. I guess it got zapped there too?

It's gone. No way to retrieve it. You'll have to create it again from scratch in the Classifieds if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe you could have kept a copy of all the info for yourself rather then relying on a website owned and operated by someone you don't know to keep that information for you. Just saying. ;)

In classified you have to pay for your stuff for sale so make sure all books are original.

Sorry about the short notice, however I did make a post in the Yard Sale about this that I left there for over a week...

I can try and see if I can find that info but I doubt it..

Main reason for this change Is there was just too many people selling photocopies of copyrighted materials and I have enough problems to deal with and dont need another one!

Also you can delete your post easily when its sold and is a much cleaner format that the previous yard sale..

There is a $1.00 listing fee (flat fee) to post, which also helps deal with the previous issue about copyrighted material. And it helps keep the people away that scanned in a Testmasters book and then tried to sell copies of it on CD's to people... I dont want you to feel sorry for me so I wont tell you what the monthly fee is for this site either......

Road Guy, thanks for the informative reply.

I'm a newbie on your site...keep up the good work. This site is a great tool for future test takers.

I'm curious how the "Classifieds" prevent people from selling copyrighted material as opposed to the "Yard Sale". ?

^^^ It was all consolidated to one location so it would be easier to manage.

Its really ashame because I missed out on a book I really needed. Oh well maybe someone else will post more standards.

Sorry about the short notice, however I did make a post in the Yard Sale about this that I left there for over a week...

I can try and see if I can find that info but I doubt it..

Main reason for this change Is there was just too many people selling photocopies of copyrighted materials and I have enough problems to deal with and dont need another one!

Also you can delete your post easily when its sold and is a much cleaner format that the previous yard sale..

There is a $1.00 listing fee (flat fee) to post, which also helps deal with the previous issue about copyrighted material. And it helps keep the people away that scanned in a Testmasters book and then tried to sell copies of it on CD's to people... I dont want you to feel sorry for me so I wont tell you what the monthly fee is for this site either......
this seems fair Road Guy, but we were not informed back then that we cant post messages on the Yard Sale I thought I was blocked for some reason.

Back