What do you pay for cable/phone/internet

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udpolo15

Reaction score
I pay about $175 per month for a package deal that has unlimited voice, and cable internet. I don't get any premium channels (HBO), but have a fairly comprehensive package, along with HD (2 TVs) and a DVR.

On a related note, anyone have any experience with ATT U-verse? Just became available to me. The price is the same but they are giving $300 gift cards to new customers.

I don't have cable, but I do have cable internet as well as cable phone with Comcast.

The base price is around $50, but with all of the taxes and fees I pay maybe $68.

I have directv and cable internet. For both of them I pay around $110/month. We don't have a home phone, we just use our cells.

Phone-AT&T-102

Cable-Time Warner-69

Internet-Mindspring dialup-18

I need to start looking at package deals and going Wi-fi.

I pay about $175 per month for a package deal that has unlimited voice, and cable internet. I don't get any premium channels (HBO), but have a fairly comprehensive package, along with HD (2 TVs) and a DVR.
On a related note, anyone have any experience with ATT U-verse? Just became available to me. The price is the same but they are giving $300 gift cards to new customers.
we pay $143 / month although it keeps jumping a few cents every month. We get cable (no premium movie channels, but we have 10-15 HD channels)/internet/local phone.

be weary of the gift cards...we signed up for a checking account that gave us gift cards and free checks and they were added to the 1099-int tax form so we had to claim the value on our taxes for 2009, which did lower the return about $15. If I would have known that I would have declined the "free" gifts.

currently $60 per month, that'll go up to $75 per month once the promotional period for my TV service is up.

I pay $30 a month for internet from these guys Clear

It is awesome. Slower connection than what I had with Comcast, but it costs half as much and I haven't had any service outages yet (unlike with comcast).

Currently my TV service is $30 per month, that'll go up to $45 after the 12 month promotional period. I have a "whole house" HD DVR with three tuners which can run two TV's independently. No premium channels except for Skinamax :dancingnaughty: which was thrown in practically free (a penny for the entire year). We have all the local channels in HD as well as a few other channels. I really don't know how they decide which channels we should get in HD, we aren't paying any extra for HD, so I won't complain about getting a few in HD.

I don't have a home phone line.

Last edited by a moderator:
we only have our cells at about $50 a month. dish network with dvr, locals and 120 channels for $52. dont have internet at home. too dang expensive. it would be another $70.

bundled cable service with RCN

unlimited long-distance phone service

20megabit/sec internet (although i can never get it test higher than 10megabits/sec download)

extended calbe + all the Showtime premium channels + VOD (video on demand)

two cable boxes + 1 DVR

~$150/month

I have directv and cable internet. For both of them I pay around $110/month. We don't have a home phone, we just use our cells.

same for us, i dont have any premium channels, I had showtime for 6 months free due to a comcast screw up, i really enjoyed Weeds and dexter though..

You know, I consider myself a fairly smart guy, and somewhat frugal, but I for the life of me can't seem to find a way these "Bundles" will work.

I have Directv, AT&T cell and Home phone, and DSL through bellsouth. now for SURE there's something that would be cheaper than what I pay now.

$145 - Directv with about everything

$95 - Home Phone

$140- Cell phone

crap....I don't know If I have ever seen all those stacked up like that before! OK...forget the Frugal comment!

Phone and DSL= $80/month

Digital cable (lots of channels and free HD, but no premium and no DVR)-$80/month

I don't have a cell phone.

We have a bundled service with Comcast. Two land lines (unlimited nationwide long distance), cable TV (no premium channels) and high-speed Internet, $158. I also have five cell phone numbers under one plan, it runs a little below $200 a month.

You realize it is 2010?

Kidding-that is pretty impressive. I was a hold out for a while, but it really does make my life a whole lot easier.
badal doesn't have internet at home!

I just can't make the jump to cell phone. I really enjoy the times when I'm unavailable and don't want to pay $50/month to end that. My husband, on the other hand, is a Blackberry addict. He pays that bill himself.

I just can't make the jump to cell phone. I really enjoy the times when I'm unavailable and don't want to pay $50/month to end that. My husband, on the other hand, is a Blackberry addict. He pays that bill himself.
After seeing this comment and the one about you paying taxes, do you and your husband have separate finances?

No cable, internet or land line... We have two TV's, one set of rabbit ears, a digital converter box and a library card...

I joke that we are one step away from living in a cave.

You realize it is 2010?

Kidding-that is pretty impressive. I was a hold out for a while, but it really does make my life a whole lot easier.

I must have missed that comment.

You can always ignore the cell phone. I know most people have the expectation that an immediate response is needed, but I have no problem ignore emails, phone calls. My wife gets mad at me because I'll ignore the home phone if I am busy with something else. If it is important, they can leave a message.

You can always ignore the cell phone. I know most people have the expectation that an immediate response is needed, but I have no problem ignore emails, phone calls. My wife gets mad at me because I'll ignore the home phone if I am busy with something else. If it is important, they can leave a message.
I can't figure out what's up with that. The reason I have voice mail/an answering machine is so that people can leave me a message! I've even had some folks try to answer my cell phone for me ! They only make that mistake once. ;)

After seeing this comment and the one about you paying taxes, do you and your husband have separate finances?
Indeed we do. There is a shared fund for the mortgage and some savings, but most stuff is separate accounts. In fact, I pay the phone/internet and he pays cable. We have other expenses split too. It works out really well for us.

No cable, internet or land line... We have two TV's, one set of rabbit ears, a digital converter box and a library card...
I joke that we are one step away from living in a cave.
I'm pretty sure they can pull your American citizenship for living like that! :)

Why would I pay for something to ignore? I also ignore the home phone if I'm busy with something. I love that our phone has spoken caller ID...I don't even have to look at the phone to know who's calling.

Latest posts

Back