What do you do that is not engineering?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Since we are so focused here on the Engineering life, I'm wondering what you do that is not engineering.

Do you play music? Or go boating? Ham radio? Square dancing?

I go for long drives in the country.

Baking, cooking, exercising, follow sports! Amongst other things, like teaching myself to sew. I really like to do things by hand, often making things from scratch. Give me a cooking or baking challenge and I’ll find the time, and gladly take it on!

There are several Hams on this board, including myself.

I also work in the yard on multiple projects ranging from woodworking to mechanics on the vehicles. Living where I do, there's hunting, hiking, fishing, exploring, canoeing, cooking, canning, yard work, and a whole other range of outdoor activities.

When I have the time, mostly history and ancient language reading. And trying to keep up with the kiddos.

I used to race drag and sports cars, but I seem to have less and less of a work/life balance anymore...

I love exploring my creative side! Crafts (knitting/crochet/embroidery/cross-stitch), music (violin/drums), writing, reading. Lately it's been art (though I'm a terrible artist). I also love being outdoors and traveling.

I play Warzone on XBox Friday nights, and golf on Saturday mornings. Genealogy sounds like something I'd like to research for my family one day. It sounds interesting, especially considering my ancestry seems quite diverse.

I don't know if EB Mafia is a hobby, but I sometimes find myself going back a year or year and a half and reading up on old mafia games. It's great reading!

I write and read novels, watch a lot of movies, and get in touch with my artsy side by doing some polymer clay art and resin art, listen to music.

Running, being an eternally hopeful yet long suffering Miami Dolphins fan 🏈, being a foodie and the dog dad life 🐶

Lately I've had an interest in places in New York State other than NYC. I like to explore on Google Maps.

Lately I've had an interest in places in New York State other than NYC. I like to explore on Google Maps.

Take a look at Batavia NY. Lovely little town. In early 1970's the police station looked almost like a castle. I hope it's still there.

Take a look at Batavia NY. Lovely little town. In early 1970's the police station looked almost like a castle. I hope it's still there.
I haven't been to Batavia, but I know of it. It's just east of Buffalo, which I have been there before.

Yes. 70 miles East of Niagara Falls area. USA side.

I would love to go to England and the UK countries and just poke around and absorb the feeling from that history there.

Back