WEST VIRGINIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,

I think I'm gonna come right back at it in April.

It really puts alot on me since I'm promoting a bodybuilding show six days before the exam and the shows are alot of work.

Right now, I'm debating on pulling the plug on the show to save my sanity and give me a fighting chance at the exam. I've never cancelled a show in 8 years of promoting, but I'm leaning towards it right now.

Also, I moved alot of these posts from the OFFICIAL thread to this one, because I didn't want to hijack the OFFICIAL RESULTS thread about me failing.

Sorry to hear about the outcome. Next round, let me get together some of my Geotech stuff for you as I think I can help you somewhat there.

Sad day DV. I am sorry brother. I can only say :GO FOR IT again. Make this your first priority, if this is what you really want.

You don't have to be a PE to be capable and be respected. You are a PE in my book and, for what it worth, you trully have my respect.

If you decide to try again in April 2007 say....

DVINNY,

That is a real bummer. I was soooooo hoping that you had made it!

:dunno: :sniff: :cry:

:bad: :eek:ld timer:

If I can help with info (I have lots of PDF files and have pdf files of the variables for each of the 10th edition CERM as well as some breakdown for each of the six minute solutions, etc.), please let me know.

Hang in there and do it again!

:study :study :study

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that from both of you!!!

:resp :resp

Last edited by a moderator:
DVINNY-

Sorry to hear the results. Frankly, I don't know how you can take this exam in Civil when you are mechanical, that's tough. I took electrical and everything I knew on the test was from school or exam study, I didn't know anything from work experience. Keep pluggin' away!

Dvinny --

Whoa .. that just isn't right. I am sorry you didn't get good news this time, but I am glad to hear you are ready for another shot.

The character of a man isn't just what he has achieved, but also in the path that he takes to get there. You have shown support, humility, and resilience - I know you will make the achievement, but you also show through your actions and words what we should all be striving towards in our daily lives. :D

Whenever you have questions, my door (e-mail) is always open as you are preparing for the next exam. Best of luck !!

JR

Sorry to hear about it DVINNY. I am very impressed by your attitude though. :resp I could try to give you some nugget of wisdom to help feed your motivation, but it is obvious that you have plenty of drive already. Keep with it (as you already indicated that you will) and I am sure that you will nail it next time.

DVINNY, Sorry to hear you didn't pass.

Study harder, you will pass next time........

I got my results about a half hour ago, too bad, but once again I :0fail
Tought break.......Hopefullly you will have a better time the Spring '07 exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bummer, DVINNY. It just goes to show what many have said - passing the PE doesn't prove you're any better of a person or engineer than anyone else. If it was based on that, you'd be a PE by now, I am sure. Hang in there!

Tough break DV!

but you know what you need to do to get that cert. especially for a face up guy like you, make the time to study. we know you can do it!

;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

Sorry about your results DVINNY. I checked the mail this afternoon but mine didn't come today. So I get to wait a little longer. Good Luck in April

sorry, major suckage...

git back on the horse, it's all you can do...

Dvinny --
Whoa .. that just isn't right.  I am sorry you didn't get good news this time, but I am glad to hear you are ready for another shot. 

The character of a man isn't just what he has achieved, but also in the path that he takes to get there.  You have shown support, humility, and resilience - I know you will make the achievement, but you also show through your actions and words what we should all be striving towards in our daily lives.  :D

Whenever you have questions, my door (e-mail) is always open as you are preparing for the next exam.  Best of luck !!

JR
I echo these sentiments - from the number of responses, you know that we were all pulling for you.

I know it can be difficult to give things up, or put things on hold, in your personal life for this test, but please consider it. I wish you the best of luck in April.

At least the respect and admiration of your fellow engineers here shows you how much you are liked. Back to the horse young man and good luck. One last thing, Don't think you have to study harder, from the sheet you showed, only have to study smarter.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone, it does help to hear from all of you.

I think that I can knock this thing out in April. I know what I have to do, and will do it.

To be honest, I think I've said it on here before, I did not deserve to pass that thing the first two times I took it because I did not study. This test is too important for someone to pass without studying. I'm glad its that way.

This time was different. I did study, but just started too late and had less than 100 hours in. There is no excuse for that and it's my fault.

I will prepare the way that one should this time and I'm sure things will work out.

If anything, I hope the members and the 'guests' that come on this site and read but never post will take something from my mistakes and they will hit the books for this spring.

Back