Washington is out!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email back from DOL asking for an updated timeline (since the originally stated 3 weeks from December 12 has blown by) and they said to give them one more week. I'll believe it when I order my stamp. 

I received my license # yesterday after speaking with the DOL. It was actually issued on the 9th but i was using the wrong browser (defaulted to firefox when it should have been chrome) for the website and nothing was updating and didn't have any new information. 

I received my license # yesterday after speaking with the DOL. It was actually issued on the 9th but i was using the wrong browser (defaulted to firefox when it should have been chrome) for the website and nothing was updating and didn't have any new information. 
So you got yours in the original 4 week window. Did they not mail a letter as well? I thought someone mentioned they do that about a week after your license becomes active.

I finally got mine. I had searched late yesterday evening and had nothing, but then I woke up to a notification email with my number and now I show up in the search. 

I finally got mine. I had searched late yesterday evening and had nothing, but then I woke up to a notification email with my number and now I show up in the search. 
Yea, this new system must be a doozy. I got an email around 10:00 am saturday with the news of the liscense issuance. Odd though that expires this year. I know that the licenses have to be renewed every two years and that they expire on our birthdays. But my birthday is in may and it shows that my liscense expires may 2020. Seems not quite right. I emailed the board asking if that was correct. Does anyone else have this issue?

I got mine Saturday as well. Expires on my birthday in June. Let us know what they say about that. It would be pretty funny (or awful) if someone had a birthday this week and their license expired as soon as they got it. 

I was looking at that by doing some random searches on new numbers. It seems like if your birthday is within 120 days (when the license renewal window opens) they gave it to you until 2021, otherwise you have to renew a brand new license in just a few months. 

I am interested in seeing what the response to your email is though. Would be good to hear from the DOL if my suspicion is correct or if it's another in a string of errors and delays. 

I was looking at that by doing some random searches on new numbers. It seems like if your birthday is within 120 days (when the license renewal window opens) they gave it to you until 2021, otherwise you have to renew a brand new license in just a few months. 

I am interested in seeing what the response to your email is though. Would be good to hear from the DOL if my suspicion is correct or if it's another in a string of errors and delays. 
Well I haven't heard back from DOL yet but I can tell you that if your theory is correct I got screwed over lol. My birthday is May 20th, which is exactly 123 days after January 18th..... 

I'll let you all know if I hear back from the DOL.

Well I haven't heard back from DOL yet but I can tell you that if your theory is correct I got screwed over lol. My birthday is May 20th, which is exactly 123 days after January 18th..... 

I'll let you all know if I hear back from the DOL.
Hey, we share a b-day! And a common frustration.

Has anyone been able to get a copy of their license or received their actual license yet? I get a bonus from work for getting my license, but they need a copy of it before I can submit all my paperwork...
The new license site has an option for them to email a copy and I clicked that, but haven't received it yet.

Has anyone been able to get a copy of their license or received their actual license yet? I get a bonus from work for getting my license, but they need a copy of it before I can submit all my paperwork...
The new license site has an option for them to email a copy and I clicked that, but haven't received it yet.
I did the same thing just to see if it did anything and nada....Think I clicked it Saturday as soon as I logged on so don't hold your breath. 

Got my stamp today in the mail. Now I have to resist stamping every piece of paper on my desk (and shredding the ones I fail on).

Still no sign of the wall certificate, but at this point I expect it after I renew by July 1st honestly. 

Still haven't gotten one emailed to me, but I did get my certificate in the mail yesterday. It doesn't look nearly as cool as I had hoped lol. It's envelope sized, but it did come with a wallet sized copy. Not sure if I really want to carry that around 😂

Back