Washington is out!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I can't find anything for my name or the next sequential numbers. You got a screenshot you wanna share?
I think that was just in reference to the portal for license lookup being different than what it was in the past. I emailed DOL after i received my pass notice because the "next steps" hyperlink took me to an old page that didn't have any information. I just tried to look up mine as well and didn't see anything either.

I think that was just in reference to the portal for license lookup being different than what it was in the past. I emailed DOL after i received my pass notice because the "next steps" hyperlink took me to an old page that didn't have any information. I just tried to look up mine as well and didn't see anything either.
I think you're exactly right. The portal is still on License 58202 (added October 29th), 58203 doesn't exist yet. It makes me wonder if they are waiting for the next board meeting. 

Has anyone contacted the DOL or Engineer Board in the last couple days?

Below is the screenshot from the lookup site. The number I got is of 8 digits. Its weird. 

View attachment 15889
Huh. Looks like they've gone rogue with the numbering convention. Well, both glad they are licensing people finally and jealous that I don't have one. How did you find your number, was it through your account or a search of your name?

It looks like engineers are no longer separated out as I've found several Architects and an appraiser in the same range as the license number shown above. Well, guess that makes it harder to follow along via the license search. 

I think it is moving very slowly. I just emailed them asking them what the real and honest timeline is, since the lack of licensing is having a real financial impact on people waiting on promotions and raises. They told me everything should be complete by February 15...

FYI the automatic relay from the DOL (before they address the email sent to to them) is:

"We recently released a new professional licensing system to help serve you better. During this transition, our response time may be delayed. Thank you for your patience."

This might explain the delay... new licensing system to help serve you better... I hope everyone waiting for their license feels "better served".

Huh. Looks like they've gone rogue with the numbering convention. Well, both glad they are licensing people finally and jealous that I don't have one. How did you find your number, was it through your account or a search of your name?
I searched by First name and Last name and picked the Professional Engineer from he drop down.

FYI the automatic relay from the DOL (before they address the email sent to to them) is:

"We recently released a new professional licensing system to help serve you better. During this transition, our response time may be delayed. Thank you for your patience."

This might explain the delay... new licensing system to help serve you better... I hope everyone waiting for their license feels "better served".
This explains the different license number i got.

I added up the 2020 issued licenses for the top ten counties in the state (by population). There are a total of 27 newly licensed engineers in those ten counties. So it seems like it may be a bit if they are licensing 700 people (per HelluvaPE's post on page 2) that passed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is moving very slowly. I just emailed them asking them what the real and honest timeline is, since the lack of licensing is having a real financial impact on people waiting on promotions and raises. They told me everything should be complete by February 15...
Seriously..... two whole months they are making us wait?!

I haven't. A friend who also passed got his. He called them a few times. Maybe bugging them gets things sped up. Pretty annoying it is taking this long.

I haven't. A friend who also passed got his. He called them a few times. Maybe bugging them gets things sped up. Pretty annoying it is taking this long.
I really appreciate the update!  I *HATE* being that person, but I think I'm gonna start making phone calls.  This is so unacceptable.

As far as I can tell, if you use the search for all license types (not just engineers) they are usually sequential but occasionally skip a number or two. One I found has two different professional engineers just licensed under one number, so good luck to those two people.

The highest number I found as of this posting is 20111197 which is chronologically out of order as it is listed as issued Jan 8th. 20111196 was issued yesterday, the 14th. 20111176 was the first license issued this week so at this rate they seem to be licensing less than ten per day.....

I appreciate the amount of work you guys are putting into this. Keep the rest of us updated on your findings, it's like a game of spin the wheel at this point. "Will you get licensed today? Probably not, but stay tuned to find out!"

I appreciate the amount of work you guys are putting into this. Keep the rest of us updated on your findings, it's like a game of spin the wheel at this point. "Will you get licensed today? Probably not, but stay tuned to find out!"
Pretty sure we deserve our PE's just for the amount of work we are putting in on trying to read the licensing tea leaves. 

Back