VIRGINIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HVAC - it was very hard!

I just called the board and they said they do not have the results yet and they do not expect to until July 1st. What do you think - Is she telling the truth?

I took the EE - Power. I think they are probably lying. From what I have heard, you will definitely see it on the DPOR website about 1 week before you get a letter. But I've go to believe that all states get the results at almost the same time.

Don't know how it was possible, but one of the engineers in my field around here took the exam and got a number of 0422XX (don't want y'all stalking him). I have NO clue how he got his results so soon (license date is may 11, 2006) - he must know someone in Richmond... The rotten part is half my office assumes I failed because I didn't get a number then - they don't seem to understand that it wasn't normal :blink:

Anyway, I wouldn't be watching the license numbers for results - especially since they can add comity people at any time. Suppose we'll just have to wait to hear someone say that their name went up...

Nope - definitely not - a very unique name! He's a reviewer in our County and some of our engineers here have talked about it. He MUST have pulled some strings. Which ones, I have no idea. The other guess people made here was that his score was so high that they didn't bother to make him wait. I somehow doubt that too....

I think if he pulled some strings, he's got to be pretty silly to let the cat out of the bag (no pun intended)!

He could probably get investigated over something like that.

How thoughtless?? :dunno:

:rolleyes: Ya know, I am half tempted to call DCOR tomorrow when I am off and ask why he has his results and I don't have mine! Just to be a pain in the tush! Pretty much as soon as he got the license number, he quit his job as a reviewer and is moving on somewhere else - but that won't be for a couple of weeks yet. Last thing I need is for him to think I got him in trouble and mess with my construction plans...

Does your state statutes or board rules require that a board meeting be held approve new licenses or cut scores?

I just called VA DPOR and they said it would be the end of the month for the results.

ANYBODY HERE FROM VIRGINIA YET - I READ FROM THE "the other board" WEBSITE THAT IT'S GOING TO BE THE END OF THIS MONTH, JULY 1ST BEFORE VIRGINIA RELEASES THE RESULTS ON THEIR WEBSITE - THEN THEY FOLLOW UP WITH THE LETTERS, ANYBODY HERE DIFFERENT????

PLEASE LET ME KNOW....... THANKS

ok so is anyone else going crazy waiting for the results. I know what they say but I keep checking anyway!

Well Virginia is sticking to the, "We expect to receive results by the end of June or 1st of July, and then we will mail them out shortly after that" statement. It is a canned answer since everyone I talk to or e-mail responds with the same exact answer. Do they think that we haven't noticed that other states are getting their results? At this pace I better pass because I will need the PE to get another job after being fired for lack of productivity. Does anyone have an "in" with the board that can get some info? :drunk:

Yes, am getting the same things - But I got to believe they are getting tired of us calling all the time - I am sure they have the results, but some administrative problems are occuring - Lets keep calling to get current updates as to the status of the results.

I am getting tired of waiting - this is rediculous - The waiting is worse than the actual 8 hour exam.

This morning I went for a four mile run to try to return my mind to a more calm state. It worked for the time being but I am sure as the day goes by my blood pressure will be out the roof. I love it when my wife says, "The results are not going to get here any faster if you keep checking, just put it out of your mind and you will be suprised when they finally do show up." Hmm, let me ponder that one for a minute!!!!!!!!!!

I know it s**ks, but they did tell us 10-12 weeks. So nobody should be too upset. Anyway, if you have lived in VA for any length of time, it should be no surprise - has anyone been to a DMV lately???? If the state of VA runs it, it's going to be FUBAR.

Well finally got another response from someone at DPOR than the usual. This time it was, "No we haven't received anything and don't expect to until sometime in July" followed by, "At that time it will take about a week to get the results out." What scares me is that this was not one of the usual secretaries because I used a different phone line.

The funny thing is that I am actually getting exhausted of continously checking. It will probably be sometime next week at the earliest and there isn't much else we can do about that.

Back