Virginia PE results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my letter! What do I need to do in order to get the wall certificate? Does anyone know?
you got a letter? I just got my certificate yesterday.. I was kind of hoping to get a letter saying what my score was, since others on here mentioned they had receive their score. Regardless.. I passed and now that everything is official I will be presenting my case for a promotion.......

I got a letter today saying that I had not taken the board's regulations exam. Fortunately, they sent an exam for me to fill out. How did I not know about this exam before today, and why can I find no mention of it on the VA DPOR website? Nonetheless, I will answer the questions, send it in and get my license sooner or later. :(
I got the same letter yesterday but I swear I already did the regulation exam. I did the test again and mailed to the board, hopefully I will get my license soon.

by the way, the PE exam score was shown on the letter.

You got a score? Talk abut inconsistency. They used to give out scores, then stopped during the last couple of years, then started giving them out again this year it seems like

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 86, so I assume the score represents the percentage of correct questions.

I didn't get a letter, just my certificate with instructions about stamping stuff.

You get the letter only if DPOR hasn't received your regulation exam.
That doesn't make sense. I got the license (with pocket card) and an excerpt from the VA code regarding use of seal. No scores in my letter. They definitely would not send a license to you if you did not submit that supplementary exam.

i think that we are supposed to receive full size certificates, and maybe the letter comes then. Everyone else in my office has a nice 8 1/2" x 11" certificate to mount.....so I assume we should receive that soon.... I hope....

also this was at the bottom of the results notice from NCEES......

If you were originally approved by the Virginia APELSCIDLA Board to take the exam, your license will be automatically issued. Please allow at least two (2) months before expecting to receive your license and frame-able wall certificate in the mail. Please do not call the board staff to check the status of your issued license until at least two (2) months have passed, as calling will slow the issuance process. However, if you have other questions, please feel free to contact the board staff at any time.

I didn't get the score on the letter, just a license with pocket card and stamping seal instructions.
same here. it's pretty dumb they send out the scores to some people. I'm thinking of emailing and asking for my score, its obvious they have it and give it out. Really in the end though, it doesn't matter, because I passed!

Sent in my regulations exam last week, they received it on Wednesday, and today, Monday, I found my name on the website! WooHoo, I have a license number!!

I emailed and explained that a colleague of mine received his score on a letter he received from DPOR and questioned why I did not receive my score.

Waiting on a response.

EDIT - UPDATE

got a response that in order to get a score i need to provide my SSN and DOB. I'm going to call this afternoon and ask if I can get my score. Will update.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I called and got my score 84%. I'm mad, I wanted to beat a co-worker who claims he got a 92%!

The scary part about the process was the women didnt' ask me to verify my personal information, she read it all to me to confirm it. Not very secure IMO.

Who really cares? It does not make any difference-- YOU PASSED! Oh, sure, bragging rights, but the truth of it is that it makes no difference-- you are a registered professional engineer in Virginia.

Back