Valentine's Grinch

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're getting 12" for valentine's day.

We're getting 12" for valentine's day.
Woohoo!
We're only getting maybe 6" the Monday after.
But which will be more enjoyable? You know, hypothetically speaking.
after-the-first-two-inches-like-a-new-one.jpg

Sounds like you've had to spend too many nights on the couch.

^ if you charge $5 for that footlong, does that make you a prostitute?

So, all this talk of Valentine's day here, at work, and everywhere else it got me thinking. Why not surprise my spouse with red roses. Not something I've done before. I scored these, arranged and in the vase, for $24.99. I just hope I'm not setting up expectations for years to come.View attachment 7160

They look very nice!

So we had an interesting Valentine's Day.

A woman my wife worked with while she was going to college was in town with her boyfriend so we met up with them Friday night. For an unscheduled night on the town.

Went to a little dive jazz bar, it was actually a lot of fun.

They had to get up early Saturday so they turned it around 10, so the wife and I went to one of those thumping nightclubs in downtown Denver with all the millennial's.

Got back to the car at about 1 AM and we realized we had parked next to a "gentleman's club "

I had sobered up but the wife still had a good buzz and wanted to go see what all the fuss was about.

Surprisingly there were lots of other female customers in the "gentleman's club"

We mainly sat in a corner and observed from a distance.

My wife went to the bathroom and came back with about six female dancers.

Then we spent about 30 minutes shooting the shit with them.

I should have work that into a "date night "years ago because all of the ladies basically said this is the safest place your husband could be in terms of not getting laid while I out for a guys night out.

I had not been to one of those myself in over a decade, it did remind me what a waste of time those things are. But all in all it was a pretty fun night.

Back