Valentines Column

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
val.jpg

I bet a classroom's worth of cheap-o cartoon character Valentine's costs about as much as one decent greeting card. I found a card I liked the other day and saw it was $5.99.

Are you kidding me. $6 for some recycled cardboard with some perfunctory verse someone spent 5 minutes thinking up?!? They really get you over a barrel with greeting cards.

I just bought a box of those little valentines for school kids a couple of years ago and give one to my wife every year. I'm a planner.

Are you kidding me. $6 for some recycled cardboard with some perfunctory verse someone spent 5 minutes thinking up?!? They really get you over a barrel with greeting cards.
My wife and I after being married a couple years, and seeing that we keep our cards about long enough to smile at each other before they go in the trash... Decided, that we weren't going to buy anymore cards for one another. It's worked out fine.

AND - I took her to Chuck-E-Cheese last night for Valentine's. I rock!

My husband usually gets me a bag of those candy hearts, which I eat until I'm sick, and then I'm good until next year.

My wife made me some cupcakes along with buying me a box of candy and a bag of peanutbutter and chocolate hearts. Evidently, she is trying to sweeten me up.

My wife and I after being married a couple years, and seeing that we keep our cards about long enough to smile at each other before they go in the trash... Decided, that we weren't going to buy anymore cards for one another. It's worked out fine.
AND - I took her to Chuck-E-Cheese last night for Valentine's. I rock!
My wife and I are the same way - why spend money on cards when you can have a great meal.

For valentine's day (and anniversary) we were both working late. I made her a ham and cheese sandwich and some soup. :Locolaugh: I am sure I will be paying for the big meal come this weekend.

JR

My wife is nuts about cards! Got to be one from everybody including the pets :Locolaugh: She does hang on to them though for a while, and I think she keeps the better ones forever.

I got a Brule torch for Valentine's day :appl: It rocks

RG - I got some good mileage off this on my yahoogroup, so thanks! (one person even replied back "where do you find all of this stuff?" I didn't answer)

if you recall the thread about "the engineer girl with the tattoo" , she sent it to me..

Back