TV - What are you watching?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is homeland worth getting into if you have never seen it?  Always heard good things about it, I think the early season are on Prime.  Is it like 24?

Is homeland worth getting into if you have never seen it?  Always heard good things about it, I think the early season are on Prime.  Is it like 24?
The first couple seasons were good.  Middle ones sucked.  Last season or two is good.  It's more like Jack Ryan than 24, just with more emphasis on the main character's background story/mental health problems than Jack Ryan.

The Homeland finale actually ended up being pretty good, aside from some timeline issues.  I genuinely had not considered the possibility of the ending they wrote.  Glad the show finished off with a strong season.

Is anyone else here watching "The Last Dance"? I like the NBA though don't know much about the 90's Bulls other than that they were stupid successful. In any case, Mr. Leggo and I are really enjoying it. It's really well done. I'd recommend it, for sure!

Is anyone else here watching "The Last Dance"? I like the NBA though don't know much about the 90's Bulls other than that they were stupid successful. In any case, Mr. Leggo and I are really enjoying it. It's really well done. I'd recommend it, for sure!
Haven't seen it but from what I've read it sounds rather one-sided.  But then I grew up watching the Pistons in the late 80s and early 90s and thus have no appreciation for the Bulls.

Just finished Season 6 of Bosch, on Amazon TV. I have read every book, so I have really enjoyed the TV series. Season 7 is the final season. 

Haven't seen it but from what I've read it sounds rather one-sided.  But then I grew up watching the Pistons in the late 80s and early 90s and thus have no appreciation for the Bulls.
Yes, I bet you'd see it as one-sided. In the episodes that have been released (1-4, of 10 total), they definitely seem to be making the Pistons look like the Bulls' evil nemesis. But, as an unbiased fan, I don't mind that. I think hearing the stories from the Bulls players and coach (Phil Jackson) is pretty interesting. And man, I know they are only showing highlights of Michael Jordan, but damn it if he wasn't an incredibly interesting and spectacular player to watch highlights of. I was a kid in the 90's and definitely knew of him, but was way more a baseball girl than anything else, so I wasn't actively watching him (I don't even think I would have been able to being out in CA, unless the Bulls were playing the Warriors). So it's cool from that perspective!

All that said, I imagine I wouldn't be as much a fan of this docuseries if I was a Pistons fan.

Other than the new season of American Dad, there isn't a single thing on cable/dish we're watching right now.  

I couldn't get into the OA. However, just finished travelers. The third season has some timeline gaps, but overall, thought it was worth it. 

From my current understanding, it's been cancelled, so there's just the 32 episodes. It finished on note that leaves some folks wanting more while wrapping up the existing timeline/series. 

If its any consolation, the OA is also cancelled.

I watched a live baseball game that my team WON last night! No matter that it was an exhibition game and I had no idea who half the players were. They won!

Yeah, the Reds had an exhibition game last night against Detroit that you could watch live on red.com...well, sorta...seems like you could get about 10-15 minutes at a time before the video froze and you had to refresh the page. Wonder if it was cause so many people were jonesing for some live sports, any kind of live sports. I turned it off after a little while because it was obviously a practice game, aka batting practice, that didn't even rise to NFL pre-season effort.

I guess the Rockies only run on cable so I guess I wont have to suffer through watching baseball after all/...

If you had T-Mobile, you could have gotten a free season pass to MLB.TV yesterday.

Since that's my cell service company so I'm going to be watching a whole lot of baseball now.

Edit: According to the T-Mobile "Tuesday App," you may be able to still get this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the Giants beat the A's (!!) two days in a row, on Monday and yesterday, using a different pitcher for every single inning. The first day, they played in the Oakland Coliseum, and yesterday, they played in the Giants stadium. Either way, I was expecting to see the Giants get crushed, and instead ended up being pleasantly surprised that the Giants were able to put a bit of offense together!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was excited when I saw the DVR recording a new episode of Euphoria last night.  Then I watched it.  What a snooze fest.  Rue and her sponsor talking about relapse for a full hour sitting in a diner.  Hopefully that's not some COVID-driven production problem theme for the rest of the season, or that's another series down the drain.  

Latest posts

Back