TV - What are you watching?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Affair is back on, 2 or 3 episodes into the new season - all I can think while watching is "wait, what does this have to do with the original story again?"  It's not bad, I just can't figure out where they're going with it.

Big shakeup in "The Affair" the past two weeks!  I'm a bit bummed that the "whodunnit" was all too obvious, but still a huge shakeup, which they needed heading into the final season.

Saw a show called "Manifest" last night - new one, a plane takes off, hits turbulence, and when it lands, they are 5 1/2 years in the future.  Weird, but if it turns into another "Lost" I'm going to light the TV on fire.

Saw a show called "Manifest" last night - new one, a plane takes off, hits turbulence, and when it lands, they are 5 1/2 years in the future.  Weird, but if it turns into another "Lost" I'm going to light the TV on fire.
that's what people are predicting it will be

I don't know if I can get into watching normal TV shows where you have to wait a week to see the next episode?

I did watch about half of the Magnum PI reboot = TRASH....

I don't know if I can get into watching normal TV shows where you have to wait a week to see the next episode?

I did watch about half of the Magnum PI reboot = TRASH....
I can wait week to week, but commercials basically rule out any live TV for me.  If its not on a premium channel, it gets DVR'd so I can fast forward.

I watched "Manifest" last night too.  Seemed like it could be an interesting premise so it was good enough to keep me watching a few more episodes, but I may end up waiting until it's over, and then stream the whole thing if the reviews are still good.

Didn't even bother with "Magnum" but I didn't hear anything good about it.  Why do they even bother with shows like that?  Just re-air the original if you can't thin of anything original.

I also saw they are doing a reboot of another show I never watched, Murphy Brown?

Is Married with Children going to be next?

I cant figure out a way to DVR my Digital Antenna?
Google "over the air DVR."  There's several options out there.  My mom's been using one I bought her for years.  The down side is being over the air there isn't a built-in guide, so you have to set up the recordings by the clock.  Old-school VHS style.  I think Tivo might have an option with a guide, but I think you have to pay a subscription fee for it.

I also saw they are doing a reboot of another show I never watched, Murphy Brown?

Is Married with Children going to be next?
Murphy Brown was a pretty good show.  All of the original actors must be pretty long in the tooth by now.  I wonder how it will go.

I thought the new "Murphy Brown" was supposed to be picking up where it left off, not really a reboot.

I got a video adapter for the computer hooked up to my TV.  Lets me plug the house antenna in and watch regular TV through the computer (which doesn't mean a whole lot since you can just watch regular TV on the TV), but it also lets me use my computer as a DVR.  Kind of the same thing, you have to set the channel and time, and it's a little quirky but I really only use it to record Bengals games if I'm not going to be home.

457699_927004_01_front_thumbnail.jpg

Well, everyone who was jonesin' for some more GoT is going to be disappointed.  HBO has pulled the plug on the GoT prequel starring Naomi watts.  Word is that a combination of logistical issues for filming in Ireland and the pilot looking like hot garbage in editing was too much for them to take the risk of moving forward.  Can't say I blame them, because anything that couldn't meet or beat seasons 1-5 of GoT was bound to be poorly received, and that's a ridiculously high bar.  

You know I think after having gone through the last few years, even as good as the beginning of the show was, I was just sort of over GOT- maybe because the last season sucked so bad, but sometimes when things are done just let them be done.

It had a good run, maybe they could never had met peoples expectations for an ending but I am glad to hear they are not going to dredge it up again...

The last couple seasons absolutely ruined GoT.  I think the overwhelming majority finished the show out of obligation more than wanting to watch it.  I think it would be different if the new show had a novel to base it off of like the first few seasons, but they've shown us that their writers are absolute trash when they're just given a premise to go on.  

I'm way more excited for the final season of Vikings in December, and Rick and Morty on Nov. 10th.

So i just learned that Grey's Anatomy is still on TV? Like New Shows? 

I learned this from the radio, verified via the Internets.. wow....  and not a "good" wow...

The new (and final) season of Homeland is one of (maybe the) best yet.  Shame they finally got their shit together so late.  The only uninteresting parts of the season is when they focus on "crazy Carrie and her captivity".  When they don't, the show has more of a Jack Ryan vibe to it, and less of a "I'm so tired of Claire Danes being super annoying" vibe.  

Homeland continues to be perhaps the best season to date.  So glad it's not a dud like so many other shows.

Westworld on the other hand - what a train wreck.  I have absolutely no clue what the hell is going on, it's all over the place, and not in a "oh, you have to think about multiple timelines" kind of way.  It's become totally worthless to a casual viewer.

Latest posts

Back