Traffic Engineering Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rbrund

Is there any ITE trip generation manuals online, or do you need ot purchase it for use, and if you dont got internal counts for intersections but you have info on trips in and trips out how can you solve that.

:unsure: I've forgotten the name of the software, but I've worked with it in the past, looks like freeware. So I'd invest some time and look around. Otherwise, try calling a Private Transportation Consultant. I'm sure they'll give you a good lead.

Good Luck,

P.S. - Easy Stuff - simple equations from what i recall. Wish I could offer you more help.

you cannot access the trip generation online "legally"

ITE pays a lot for the data so they keep that stuff on a short leash, but your company should have it (or buy it) if they do traffic engineering.

as far as your other question:

and if you dont got internal counts for intersections but you have info on trips in and trips out how can you solve that.

I dont see what your asking, but you cant really take info from the trip generation manual and analyze an intersection, unless the only traffic coming and going from the intersection is generated by a certain business, and thats generally rare.

The trip generation is mainly used to get an idea of how much traffic a certain business, park, golf course, etc will generate.

The in and out counts are using the traffic counts given, but no traffic counts at one given intersection. I have all the data for what goes into it but not how they turn and all

you really need "turning movement counts" for the entire intersection.

They should have placed counters at all 4 legs of the intersection and then you could find the distribution.

all intersections that we have data for have all the turn movement counts. Problem is that theres one crucial intersection I think that we didnt get count data for. So thats what i am trying to figure out. I asked the Professor in charge of the class if We could get more traffic counts if they were available to us.

sounds like you have to ask your client (prof) for a supplemental agreement to get some more counts :)

can you draw something up and post it?

I can think better if I could see it.

What you lookin for I got all the data down to the turn counts for peak hour along with % trucks.

Back