They have remade every *OLD* christmas movie except.....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Its a Wonderful Life.

I wonder how come, we all know Hollywood is out of ideas so they regeritate every other has been movie, and for the record I hope they dont remake the holy grail of holiday movies, but I wonder why they havent gotten around to redoing this one yet?

Maybe the Mr. Potter character was just too much of a broke the mold character...

although I have to say the new Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey looks pretty good...

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a Wonderful Life.
I wonder how come, we all know Hollywood is out of ideas so they regeritate every other has been movie, and for the record I hope they dont remake the holy grail of holiday movies, but I wonder why they havent gotten around to redoing this one yet?

Maybe the Mr. Potter character was just too much of a broke the mold character...

although I have to say the new Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey looks pretty good...
They did sort of, only with a female "George Bailey" played by Marlo Thomas. And they changed the name to "It HAppened one Christmas"

Judging by how liberal Marlo and her husband Phil Donahue are, I bet they wish they could have cast Dick Cheney as Potter, with George Bush as Clarence.

Really bad movie I think.

Its a Wonderful Life...., but I wonder why they havent gotten around to redoing this one yet?
I agree that it's the best Christmas movie ever. I don't think it could be improved. Maybe updated, but not improved.

I don't think they've remade White Christmas. It's my all-time favorite Christmas movie. :) Have they remade Holiday Inn?

I heard on the radio this morning that Robert Halford of Judas Priest is releasing a Christmas album this year. How cool is that? Nothing like christmas music metal-god style!

Its a Wonderful Life.

My nominees for best Christmas movie would be Die Hard and Christmas Vacation. Thankfully, neither have been remade, that I am aware of.

The Christmas Story is by far my fav.

It's a Wonderful Life is one that I catch bits and pieces, but never really think I've sat down and watched the whole thing. Black and white is teh suckey.

My nominees for best Christmas movie would be Die Hard and Christmas Vacation. Thankfully, neither have been remade, that I am aware of.

At some point, someone will destroy Die Hard....

I am not sure you can do Christmas Vacation, there just isn't anyone that can do Clark Griswold. I think it is one of those roles that are so well defined by the actor, it would be difficult for someone else to do.

Like a Honeymooners remake......

"I'm Chevy Chase and your not"

At some point, someone will destroy Die Hard....
I am not sure you can do Christmas Vacation, there just isn't anyone that can do Clark Griswold. I think it is one of those roles that are so well defined by the actor, it would be difficult for someone else to do.

Like a Honeymooners remake......

"I'm Chevy Chase and your not"

Maybe the Die Hard and Vacation folks need to turn out a Die Hard 4 and a Vacation 5 (or whatever number they are on). It would be tough to remake the original when the series is still going (i.e. Rocky).

And I thought you were going to say "there just isn't anyone that can do Cousin Eddie."

I also like the one with dennis leary where he is the robber that has to hide out during christmas dinner with the phsycho family

Back