Theta Tau

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csb

Reaction score
I think I've wondered this, but have never posted it. Forgive me if I have.

Are any of you members of Theta Tau, the engineering fraternity?

I wasn't, but my husband was during college. I give him a hard time that his fraternity let in girls.

I was accepted into some honors thing in college. I went to one dinner and got a pin, but that's the last I heard of it.

Don't confuse this with Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honorary. I'm talking a beer drinking, party throwing actual fraternity.

Don't confuse this with Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honorary. I'm talking a beer drinking, party throwing actual fraternity.
People drank beer and went to parties in college??? I spent 4 years in the engineering building.....

We only had a few Frats on campus, small school, I don't think that was one of them.

I have a silver pinkie ring...
I have one of those too

People drank beer and went to parties in college??? I spent 5 years 4 years in the engineering building.....

We only had a few Frats on campus, small school, I don't think that was one of them.
Fixed. And I was in a fraternity...

People drank beer and went to parties in college??? I spent 5 years 4 years in the engineering building.....

I was on the verge of having to go 5 years, made up some credits with winter courses.

That caused the extra year.

I didn't see any difference between Theta Tau and any of the other frats. But I'm not the greek type, so I didn't pay that much attention.

Yep. And also the fact that I thought I could be a chemical engineer until I went face to face with Organic Chemistry...

Yep. And also the fact that I thought I could be a chemical engineer until I went face to face with Organic Chemistry...

Organic Chemistry broke a lot of folks.

even if I had had the time to do to sohoreity thing, I didn't have that kind of money to be throwing down the toliet.

Organic Chemistry broke a lot of folks.

Some of us it merely delayed... then again, I wasn't a chemical engineering major

You learn to deal with it. Organic chem is a lot of tedious memorization.
I had an A in the lab, but then I turned around and scored a 35% on my class final. Professor said at the beginning of the semester that the Chemistry/ChemE departments had too many students enrolled and he was tasked with "weeding out" the herd. Between that and thermodynamics, the physics department was a lot more friendly...

I had a time with thermogodammits, but it was mainly because of the profs. I got a great one for Thermo III, and it made sense to me.

Back