The Tonight Show

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I DVR'd the new tonight show, watched it, wasnt terrible but it damn sure wasnt Leno or Carson..

Seems like the new show is geared towards the Adult Attention Disorder Crowd..

I DVR'd the new tonight show, watched it, wasnt terrible but it damn sure wasnt Leno or Carson..

Seems like Jimmy Fallon the new show is geared towards the Adult Attention Disorder Crowd..
Fixt. He was that way with SNL

We really liked Conan when he was on after Leno left the first time.. but we havent been able to get into him as much on TBS..

I just see Jimmy Fallon being more of a Jon Stewart type. Carson had a saying that you could make political jokes without getting political, I thought Leno did that very well..maybe NBC is smarter than that....

I also have watched the first 2 shows. There's some funny stuff but there's also some of that lingering "not funny" SNL stuff. He can let that go anytime now. His guests have been decent and somewhat funny though IMO.

i caught a little bit last night he overuses the word great or awesome...I can't remember which it was but it seemed like everything was Great/awesome

I can't say that I've every watched The Tonight Show period, so I'm definitely not going to start now. Of course, I'm always in bed by 10, so that's one of the major reasons.

Unless I'm catching the end of something on Netflix or a movie, I rarely have the TV on after 10, and are usually in bed before 10:30.

The Tonight Show? What's that? I thought TV just went off the air at 10:30.

Jimmy Fallon is about as funny as a wet paper towel. He would have just been a bad actor, except he couldn't hold a straight face in any of his SNL skits.

I think its funny when they occasionally lose it on SNL, but Fallon did it every....freakin...time he was on. It was annoying and unprofessional.

I've seen Fallon do this on his show before, but this is the best version I've ever seen them do.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-YCeIgt7hMs

I do kind of hope he does well, I like to watch the monologue.. its the way I keep up with the world..

Back