The Power of the PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

School of PE

EB Sponsor
Reaction score
Multi State with home office in Columbus, Ohio
Considering obtaining your PE license but are overwhelmed by the thought of taking the exam? You are not alone. It is easy to rationalize why you should not take the exam. You may find yourself saying "I just don't have time to prepare", "I have been out of school far too long" or the most common one is "I just don't see how the PE benefits me".

Let me ask you a question. If you could be convinced that there are substantial benefits in obtaining your PE license would you consider options on how to address the other two areas of concern? 

If yes, then let me provide some information about the extraordinary benefits of obtaining your PE license.

Those two simple letters at the end of your name have substantial benefits not only professionally but personally. As a PE you are considered to have the highest standard of competence in the engineering profession. Largely people recognize the work, knowledge, and expertise needed to obtain any licensure so this designation adds prestige to your name. PE's are held in high esteem not only within the engineering community but by those who have licenses in other fields. 

Obtaining your license allows you to officially call yourself an engineer which can open many doors for you professionally. Having this designation can be a differentiator in the hiring process. Take a moment to put yourself in a hiring manager's shoes. You are reviewing resumes and you have two that have seeming identical credentialing with one variance.  One of the candidates has invested in themselves by obtaining their PE license and the other has not. Which candidate would you choose?

Having this designation not only assists in your pursuit of a new career opportunity but can also benefit you in your current occupation as well.  The average PE makes 5% more than an unlicensed engineering professional. This positions you well for asking for an increase is salary.  

Now, that you are convinced of the benefits of obtaining your license are you ready to address your other areas of concern? 

School of PE provides review courses that have assisted thousands of students who have been out of school for a large amount of time in passing their PE exams. They have many different platforms including an ondemand program that is perfect for those who have busy lives and cannot commit to a specific schedule. For more information about our classes please visit www.schoolofpe.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back