The plan for when the envelope arrives....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkent

ProEngineer/Entrepreneur
Reaction score
Ok, so the deal at my house is that when the envelope arrives, my wife will open and read the results. If I pass, she is to call me at work with the good news. Then we go out drinkin. If I fail, she is to NOT call, and I'll find out when I get home. Then we go out drinkin.

D

Ok, so the deal at my house is that when the envelope arrives, my wife will open and read the results. If I pass, she is to call me at work with the good news. Then we go out drinkin. If I fail, she is to NOT call, and I'll find out when I get home. Then we go out drinkin.
D
I really like the drinkin' part.

my plan is a little different.....of Course, I'm waiting on a different envelope, I'm waiting on the envelope that says whether or not they'll let me take the @$%@#$^#$%^#$%^#$%^#%^ exam for a 4th time in October. I still might adopt the last part of your plan though, and go out drinking! In fact, I'm wanting to do that right now! :multiplespotting:

My plan is to hold it up to the kitchen light first. If I don't like what it looks like, I might wait a few days to open it.

My plan: run to the mailbox every day as soon as I get home. If its in there, open it, right away, next to the mailbox. (i'm not even gonna bother going inside).

Then drinking will commence regardless of the results. celebratory or consolatory, either way, there will be quite a few adult beverages involved.

At some point, i will have to call my friends / family and let them know. If i pass, it will be immediate calling. if i fail, i might just shoot off an email the next day. i really haven't planned it past the drinking part. :D :multiplespotting:

D

This is almost my plan exactly. I'm starting to think I might just do the drinking part even if the envelope doesn't arrive cause I'm tired of waiting. :multiplespotting:

my plan is a little different.....of Course, I'm waiting on a different envelope, I'm waiting on the envelope that says whether or not they'll let me take the @$%@#$^#$%^#$%^#$%^#%^ exam for a 4th time in October. I still might adopt the last part of your plan though, and go out drinking! In fact, I'm wanting to do that right now! :multiplespotting:
NC let me take it a 4th time. I hope I don't have to justify a 5th time.

I'm hoping that IL updates their online database in a timely fashion, so that I know what the letter says before I see it in the box...

I'm hoping that IL updates their online database in a timely fashion, so that I know what the letter says before I see it in the box...
I have asked my wife not to call me at work when the envelope arrives. I don't want her to try to see the score, determine how many sheets are in the envelope, hold it up to light - nothing. If she has any inkling of what is in the envelope, I will be able to tell as soon as I walk in. That will just ruin for me.

Hopefully, my State Board website willl have already posted my license number if I passed.

Since I am checking the TX board's website every day (OK maybe twice a day) I don't think I am waiting for the letter as much. Unless they send the letter out before updating their website. In that case...well, I will be surprised when I see the letter in the mail....However, in TX you don't have to open it to determine pass/fail...Just check for the suffix P.E. next to you name on the envelope...

My plan after I get the envlope..

1.) Take a deep breath

2.) Open the envlope

3.) Jump up & down or swear depending on what the letter says

4.) Post the result on EB.com

5.) Go drinking!

D
I live by myself. So.... I'll just have to tear the envelope open at the mailbox and see what it says!

After being through the wait MORE times than I like to admit, I was somewhat subdued. Don't get me wrong, I was VERY anxious, especially after being asked about my results on a DAILY basis starting with the 2nd week after the exam results. :GotPics:

My results from the October 2006 exam showed up on Saturday, December 23rd. I had slept in that morning since it was a long weekend and I wasn't expecting to receive anything. My wife had went out to check the mail and spotted the envelope. She ran into the house, leapt right onto me still sound asleep in the bed. At the time, it felt a lot like ;)

She was out of breath and the only thing I could make out of the gibberish was ... "thin envelope. Good, right?" :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

Yeah .. this definitely is a rite of passage. How could anyone want to give up on the waiting ??!! :pASSED2:

:plusone:

JR

As I said on another thread:

1. Deep breath: Open the envelope

2. Thank God, Jesus, Buda, Krshna and all those upper level guys for their support.

3. SCREEAMMMM!!!, Jump, Clap my hands, etc..

4. Celebrate with my wife.

5. And, maybe, hit my boss with the passing letter IN HIS FACE!

Go inside. Poor vodka. Drink vodka. Open envelope. Poor vodka. Drink vodka. Poor vodka. Drink vodka. Poor vodka. Drink vodka.

I put an air sickness bag in my mailbox when the results started rolling out this week. Here's my plan...

1. Open mailbox.

2. Take out mail and check for a letter from the state.

3. See letter, take out air sickness bag and insert vomit.

4. Open letter and either sulk into a deep depression or be overcome with relief.

It sucks to know that because I did not pass on my first attempt the odds of me passing have been cut by 50% (based on the pass rates on EECS).

:multiplespotting:

Ok, this little smiley guy made me laugh. This has been me every day this week when I get home from work. I'm hoping it will be a different story today.

I am thinking that once I get the letter, either way, my productivity is bound to increase. I can't stop reading this board long enough to get anything done!

Back