The morphology of EB shoot the breeze participants

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper PE LS

Aspiring Couch Potato
Reaction score
When one first begins studying for the PE exam, they google, PE exam study resources or information or groups or somthing like that. This ultimately leads approximately 50% of them to Engineerboards.com, where they lurk for a while as a guest reading everything they can about the exam, studying, results, and resources. Some 50% of those lurkers then take the plunge and create an account, where they might post one or two questions or respond to another post. Of those who decide to join the site, roughly half of them get really into it and start actively contributing, sharing ideas of test release dates with other comisserates, and may even get into a heated battle from time to time about such things as grammar, spelling, holier than thou attitudes, or whose source was more correct in terms of results release information. Of the enitre group of people who did the initial google search for engineering exam resources, only about 3 or 4 (or about 0.01%) will stay on as a reguler, recurring members of the board, delving into the deep time wasting known as STB or the games sub-forum.

To those of you in the 0.01%, welcome.

I'm in for the long haul. I first logged on after last october's exam as a guest. forgot about the site after results came out. Found site again late after april exam, but set up an account, and sporadically began to spam in the 15k. then after results I tried to stick around, ask question of resources, became a supporting member and became spam obsessed. No turning back for me now. Next stop: PE and 10k posts.

Increase your post count and this may or may not initiate a vote to consider you a "regular". If the vote is voted to be scheduled, you may be asked to participate in a 12-step process which may or may not include a scavenger hunt that includes items resembling an official "cut score" from NCEES, unicorn theorems, or treadmills.

I may have said too much already. Best of luck.

This is the only forum I am on daily. Unfortunately, I rarely have anything productive to add that hasn't already been said by you spammers, but it is one of my daily habits now.

it's become an obsession of mine. When I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot sleep, I hit the games forum. good thymes.

Only a few regular websites for me: Obviously here, then I am a browser on a Camaro forum, I stalk my friends and share random stupid pics on FB, then I visit ESPN.com during football season so I can manage my fantasy football team. That pretty much sums up my work day...

i-am-the-1-percent1.jpg

I'm definitely one of the chosen few. It's been an honor to be part of these ranks.

I still check here daily, albeit at a slightly reduced rate from b4 da job change.

Back