--**-- The Infirmary --**--

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No guilt at all... had a sensible McDonalds Breakfast while doing some Open Channel Flow problems... stopped at White Castle for lunch (and started drinking) over some spillway and hydraulic jump problems.
Weather has been weird today... we had a couple inches of rain this morning that caused some minor flooding here (had to go the long way to get my bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit).... but by the time I hit the White Castle it was sunny.

Enough for my break, back to the beer and the books.

-Ray
I thought you only had white castles AFTER getting drunk? :plusone:

I had WC once and swore I'd never go back. That place was creepy. Everyone I went with was from Long Island, where it's some kind of delicacy apparently, as they ate burger after burger.

I'm sick again. Ugh. I can't keep healthy this winter. :blink:

Woke up with a cough that has gone downhill into a full blown chest cold. I've hacked up a lung, my back aches, I can't keep my eyes open, and it feels like my legs are made of concrete.

This sucks.

Update: It's 4:30 in the morning, I can't sleep, my windpipe feels like it's been belt sanded, and I got a 102 fever.

I'm a sad little boy.

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
flu.jpg
flu.jpg
fever.jpg

Wow VTE - that is absolutely miserable. :(

Good news - at least you lost an hour today of having to deal with the misery of a cold :blink:

Hope you feel better soon.

JR

Thanks gang. On the other hand, I've also lost one extra hour of recovery time.

I'm supposed to have a field visit in a town on the Canadian border tomorrow. I hope I feel better by then, but at least it's much warmer than it had been.

we have been using some of the homeopathic remedies that are in the supermarket now - zicam mist and such, they have zinc and echinachea. They say they will shorten the duration of a cold, and I have found they help. Vitimin C will help clear it out too, take a mega dose with a bunch of water. Vitimin B will give you an energy boost. good luck dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget where I put my whiny torn up knee thread, so here goes:

Ortho Surgeon Doc told me that I would do a month of PT to build up the surrounding tissue before they cut me. Scheduled an MRI and 1st PT (Physical Therapy, or pain and torture) last week, then a 2nd consultation for next week. I go in for PT, and she says, "well, there is nothing left to rehabilitate, so go see the doc next week to schedule surgery." torn ACL, PCL, both meniscus, fractured anterior tibial plateau. dang, if you are going to crash, you might as well go for it. I'm still doing fine w/ 800 mg advil every 4 hours, but I HAVE to score a handicap parking tag.

My Destination Imagination team had the regional tournament yesterday, so I was hopping up and down stairs for 12 hours. Now my good leg feels way worse than the bad one. but it was worth it. my guys and girls totally rocked :th_rockon:

:( :blink:

Way to hang in there my broken friend! Good luck with the surgery.

I went through some PT last year for a chronically bad ankle from an old injury. Rolled it playing b'ball a few years back and my ligaments were real loose, never quite healed right. I was sick of re-aggravating it a few times a year and got signed up for PT/ Pain and Torture was definitely a good nickname for it.

I haven't felt this bad in years, it will take a miracle for me to get to work tomorrow. I've had a head cold and a stomach cold this year, but I got the full blown flu this time. I am totally down for the count. I'll probably spam the board in my moments of lucidity amongst the Nyquil induced delirium.

Yeah, echinacea and zinc. I started getting a cold the week before the PE exam, and started taking echinacea to try to prevent it from coming full on. It seemed to work, but I;m not sure it made it any shorter - just less severe. My parents sent me some "cold-eze" homeopathic (***cough**bullshit!***cough***) zinc lozenges recently, and I fended off another cold. Maybe they worked? :blink:

Just wait until you have kids. Or date a teacher. You'll be sick all the time.

^^^True. The first year your kids go to daycare or school is nothing but a sickfest. One of the twins had his first solid turd in a week this morning. :th_rockon: The other one is still squirting what looks like iced tea out of his ass, and the five year old is still puking and soiling the toilet bowl every half hour or so. Today's his third day in a row missing school with this shit! I've been loose in the caboose for almost a week but this morning was the first time I had to fight off a full blown wave of nausea. WTF? We picked up some serious jungle funk from those fucking tourists at Disney last weekend. :blink: If my wife gets it we're doomed. :(

I'm home today with a sick baby again. Actually she seems totally fine, but she has some goopy stuff in her eyes and the daycare is worried that it's pink eye. Her eyes are white and clear and don't seem to be irritated so I think it's just a cold or something. Anyway maybe I'll get some laundry done, or just continue to spam this board all day.

I'm home today with a sick baby again. Actually she seems totally fine, but she has some goopy stuff in her eyes and the daycare is worried that it's pink eye. Her eyes are white and clear and don't seem to be irritated so I think it's just a cold or something. Anyway maybe I'll get some laundry done, or just continue to spam this board all day.

Our babies got that all the time, it was never actually pink eye. Our pediatrician was able to give us some non-prescription sample type eye drops to put in that would clear that right up.

I had my surgery on Thursday, and finally managed to crawl to the kitchen PC for email. Yahoo! The surgery was less invasive than originally predicted, but it still hurts. Oxycondone is my friend. I have to lay in bed strapped to the constant passive motion machine for 12 hours a day http://www.arthroscopy.com/sp06001.htm which was OK for a few days, but now I am offically stir crazy :210: I am reading some books, catching up on Enterprise re-runs, and looking out at the mountains. I managed to score 12 days of sick leave, but I take a half dozen calls a day, and somehow wrote a traffic control spec yesterday. I think I will turn the phone off today, I managed to pry my kid's laptop away today, and I am playing Civ 4.

Back